Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Carolina - Title & Registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took possession three weeks ago and have not received anything other than the 30-day temp tag from NC that was on the vehicle when I took delivery. I plan to transfer the tag from my old car and so have 45 days from purchase to do that I think. Does anyone know whether I can just take the purchase agreement and NC temporary registration to SC DMV to obtain title and registration? Do I actually need anything else from Tesla? I can avoid the first year of SC property tax by transferring my existing SC registration, which is a huge benefit, but I’m pretty sure that has to be done within 45 days of purchase.

Did you end up getting your information, and how long did it take? It has been 3.5 weeks for me and still nothing. Called and they said it was should be here this week and it was due to SC rules for not allowing Tesla's being sold here. Monday is my expiration of temp tag s this may be close.

Did you end up getting your information, and how long did it take? It has been 3.5 weeks for me and still nothing. Called and they said it was should be here this week and it was due to SC rules for not allowing Tesla's being sold here. Monday is my expiration of temp tag s this may be close.
It took about three weeks for the info to show up for both cars that we purchased.

Mine took 10 days to receive the FedEx envelope.

Btw SC has an EV Tax? Is that to compensate for not paying fuel tax?