Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Carolina

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
forgive me if I am in the wrong post. This is my first time here (newbie)
I am purchasing a Tesla on Saturday (used) but am concerned that I live 165 miles from Charlotte, NC where there Center is. Should I reconsider not purchasing a Tesla because I live so far away?

I am purchasing a Tesla on Saturday (used) but am concerned that I live 165 miles from Charlotte, NC where there Center is. Should I reconsider not purchasing a Tesla because I live so far away?

No, you're fine. I live ~500 miles away from the nearest SC. I've had my 'S' for ~6 years... no problems.

Reactions: UCF3

I am about to purchase also. My "S" (used) is supposed to arrive tomorrow in Raleigh, which is about the same driving time from me in SC as Charlotte is. I would like to know your experience with registering, sales tax, etc. I read somewhere, but can not find it now, that Tesla will send a packet post delivery with materials necessary to Register the vehicle with the SC DMV.

I am about to purchase also. My "S" (used) is supposed to arrive tomorrow in Raleigh, which is about the same driving time from me in SC as Charlotte is. I would like to know your experience with registering, sales tax, etc. I read somewhere, but can not find it now, that Tesla will send a packet post delivery with materials necessary to Register the vehicle with the SC DMV.
Correct. You go pick up the used car, give Tesla a check or wire transfer for the purchase price. Tesla did not mess with calculating sales tax at time of purchase. A week later you get a FedEx with documents and info to take to the tax collector/DMV and register the car/pay the sales tax.