Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Dakota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Google maps says Rapid City to Mitchell is 276 mi. That will be a tedious slow go at best and very difficult with cold, wind and/or rain. Murdo looks like a good between spot for a supercharger. The Pioneer Auto museum could keep anyone busy for a couple of hours. There does not seem to be a dot on the Tesla map at Murdo even through 2015 though.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the site for the Rapid City, SD posted yet, but I found it online in the Rapid City building permits at Rushmore Mall.

Rushmore Mall (Simon brand)
2200 N Maple Ave. Rapid City, SD

Permit issued: 10/29/2013
Contractor: Overland Contracting Inc.

Rapid City Building Permits website

on Page 82:
Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 8.14.46 PM.png

Given the lack of any things between Rapid City and Mitchell, I'm wondering if the SC between the two locations won't end up being a state rest stop area. Just not much for options. Now back to the discussion on what's worse: I 80 crossing Nebraska or I90 crossing South Dakota. :wink:

Given the lack of any things between Rapid City and Mitchell, I'm wondering if the SC between the two locations won't end up being a state rest stop area. Just not much for options. Now back to the discussion on what's worse: I 80 crossing Nebraska or I90 crossing South Dakota. :wink:

As I put in other posts, my money is on Murdo, SD as the Supercharger spot in between Rapid City and Mitchell. Who knows, it could be going in right now. Not many TMC scouts out there... :wink: