Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Florida Autopilot

Aye_itscarmen

Jan 23, 2018
Florida
Does anybody have problems with autopilot when they try to change lanes into the HOV lane in Florida, my car crosses over the double line then immediately jerks me back into the lane I just came from.

ShawnA

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2017
Edwardsburg, MI
Hi Aye,

You are not supposed to cross a double solid line, are you???
Have you tried entering the HOV lane over a dashed line???
If crossing a dashed line gets you in there, you might have to turn off AP to cross
the double line and turn it back on after you cross...

What software version is your car?

Shawn

• Helpful
Reactions: Snerruc

fasteddie7

Aug 12, 2016
uniontown PA
Hi Aye,

You are not supposed to cross a double solid line, are you???
Have you tried entering the HOV lane over a dashed line???
If crossing a dashed line gets you in there, you might have to turn off AP to cross
the double line and turn it back on after you cross...

What software version is your car?

Shawn
It would have to be AP2 would think as ap1 reads lines and wouldn't even try to change lanes. Ap2 uses GPS highway data and that's why it allows but it is odd it jerks back over.

jbcarioca

Feb 3, 2015
Depending on where you are there are other issues. The I95 express lanes north of downtown Miami are nearly impossible for AP because of plastic cones, very narrow lanes and often high speeds. IME, most of the other HOV lanes in South Florida are quite navigablebwith AP-1

• Informative
Reactions: fasteddie7

Aye_itscarmen

Jan 23, 2018
Florida
Yeah sorry the HOV lane in South Florida from West Palm Beach to Plantation are double striped

Attachments

• 4D668230-8FEF-4737-BD79-23EA26D660F0.jpeg
    4D668230-8FEF-4737-BD79-23EA26D660F0.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 16

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC