Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Florida Store Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great store, but too bad the weather was so terrible. I drove my car and left early because I was concerned with high water in an electric car. Probably not the smartest place to be in a flood. According to John Johnston, the service manager, Teslas can drive through 6 inches of water. I think I tested the limit on this successfully.

Finally, some pictures from our soggy opening night in South Florida.

I should mention that they leave the lights on in the store through the night, which isn't great for energy efficiency, I suppose, but looks great from the highway. You can see from I-95 directly into the store and the Roadster sitting in the front part of the store.

Attachments

• IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
My first post, and i should say wow... there is gona be a store near Boca!!! Awesome ...

Wow, where did you hear/read this - that's great news, I haven't heard about it...

- - - Updated - - -

hi tesla fans i heard the company is opening a showroom in dadeland mall in may and maybe a service center in kendall
if somebody have infrmations please share thanks

Yes, please provide more info, haven't heard about this either - wow, SoFla is becoming a major Tesla market! :biggrin:

Wow, where did you hear/read this - that's great news, I haven't heard about it...

He wrote this originally in 2010 -- "near Boca" was the Dania store (now service center). This was back when they announced the first wave of stores.

I think Tesla announced Dadeland and its opening soon -- hadn't heard about Kendall for service, but it's certainly possible.

He wrote this originally in 2010 -- "near Boca" was the Dania store (now service center). This was back when they announced the first wave of stores.

I think Tesla announced Dadeland and its opening soon -- hadn't heard about Kendall for service, but it's certainly possible.

... thanks for clarifying, believe it or not - I've also heard that from another major source (can't reveal who) - a Boca store might actually happen. But, great to hear more presence in Miami area in addition to Lincoln Road.