Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Florida Tesla Related Items

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to TMC - it would be great if you checked in here: Introductions and also do go ahead and contact Larry Chanin, founder of the Florida Tesla Owners Group. We have several members from South Florida and Miami.

Miami Beach store has been covered in many places on the forum. (You can see a search box in the top right of your screen). Issues with permits seem like an August or even September opening might be more likely right now.

Please do post local articles of interest in the Florida forum.

Seems like there is a large contingent of Tesla fans in the Central and SW Florida areas but not many posts for the South Florida/Greater Miami area. Feel free to use this thread to talk about Tesla events...

For example, did everyone see that Tesla is opening a store in Summer 2012 on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach?
http://www.teslamotors.com/lincolnroad

Hi,

Welcome and thanks for starting this thread.

We've started a Florida Tesla Motors Club and our ranks are growing all over the state. We have about a dozen members on the East Coast with about half in the Miami area. Some of them have registered on this forum and occasionally post, but others are not big on on-line forums. For them we periodically send out a newsletter that discusses common interests, including a section on news and rumors.

If the club is something that interests you, please contact me at [email protected].

With regard to the upcoming Miami Beach store, recent word has it that it won't be open until late August or even September. Test drives in July will be conducted at the Dania Beach location, which logistically is superior to the Lincoln Road location.

Larry

Last edited:
Moving to Miami beach is the dumbest move Tesla is making. Dania location is right on I95... No brainer for visibility....Lincoln rd... Tourists or seniors only.... No one looked before they leapt on this one.

Hi Steve,

You know that they are going to keep Dania Beach a as a service center? Lincoln Road has more foot traffic that should make it more suitable as a store.

Larry

Last edited:
Lincoln Road is the ideal location for the South Florida Tesla store!

Moving to Miami beach is the dumbest move Tesla is making. Dania location is right on I95... No brainer for visibility....Lincoln rd... Tourists or seniors only.... No one looked before they leapt on this one.

Hi Steve,
Not that many seniors hanging around Lincoln Road anymore and you will find more tourists at the Aventura Mall (which BTW has a Fiskar Karma on display). Sure I can also think of a few other hip locations for a Tesla store but Elon made the right choice. t Lincoln road is perfect for exposing the most people possible to EV's and actually signing up a few customers for a Model S or Model X reservation.

Hi Steve,
Not that many seniors hanging around Lincoln Road anymore and you will find more tourists at the Aventura Mall (which BTW has a Fiskar Karma on display). Sure I can also think of a few other hip locations for a Tesla store but Elon made the right choice. t Lincoln road is perfect for exposing the most people possible to EV's and actually signing up a few customers for a Model S or Model X reservation.

Strongly agree. I think eventually Aventura will be a good location for another store, but most of the tourists going though there are from South America, and I don't think Tesla is targeting that market until later, so no need to rush to get a store in there. Lincoln Road is in the heart of South Beach and will get all the high end tourists and glitterati that visit there during the year.

Get Amped!

Hi Spike,

Welcome to the forum.

Larry

Thanks. I attended the test drive on Friday. My friend John Cross is reservation holder number 4,400 something or other. I was there as his tech guy since I know my stuff an am the proud owner of a 2012 Leaf for 7 months now. I have been reading the TMC forum for awhile but only recenty registed. I told him about the forum and he picked up one of the TMC business cards you had on display at the event. He is not that much into forums so for now I am his proxy.

The Model S is an awesome car and Tesla is an awesome car company. The Get Amped Tour was done nicely and of course the test drive was the highlight!

Thanks. I attended the test drive on Friday. My friend John Cross is reservation holder number 4,400 something or other. I was there as his tech guy since I know my stuff an am the proud owner of a 2012 Leaf for 7 months now. I have been reading the TMC forum for awhile but only recenty registed. I told him about the forum and he picked up one of the TMC business cards you had on display at the event. He is not that much into forums so for now I am his proxy.

The Model S is an awesome car and Tesla is an awesome car company. The Get Amped Tour was done nicely and of course the test drive was the highlight!

Thanks for helping out.

After John contacts me I will send him a survey to collect his contact informationa and interests. We do have two TMC forums here, a public Florida forum and a private Group and is only open to Florida Tesla Motors Club members. He can only join the private forum by registering here at TMC and providing me his screen name. I will then send him an electronic invitation to join the private Group.

However, for those members not into forums we do periodically send out a newsletter and emails which will keep him abreast of events.

Larry

Grand opening w/end will be Nov 9th-11th.

Yes, opening celebration Thursday, November 8th 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind Lincoln Road is a walking mall, closed to traffic (ironically), so you need to park on a side street nearby and walk to the store. Lincoln Road is great for those going the first time next weekend.

Josh,

I'm afraid I won't be able to organize a club meet-up for this store opening like I had planned. However, for future planning purposes are you familiar with a nearby restaurant that would serve as location for a club meet-up? Figure about 12-20 people.

Thanks.

Larry

I believe that Thursday is by invitation only.

Correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, opening celebration Thursday, November 8th 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Josh,

I'm afraid I won't be able to organize a club meet-up for this store opening like I had planned. However, for future planning purposes are you familiar with a nearby restaurant that would serve as location for a club meet-up? Figure about 12-20 people.

Thanks.

Larry

There are dozens of restaurants on Lincoln Road. The most popular is Van Dyke's, which has been there a long time and can get crowded. Actually, if it's a weekend night all of the restaurants are crowded, but for lunch Van Dyke's should work (its quite large). Van Dyke is a couple of blocks away, and all around there is Italian, Thai, Sushi, pizza, gelato etc., almost anything you'd want within a 5-10 minute walk.

I probably can't make it on Thursday night, but will try to stop by the store on Friday.