Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello again fellow Tesla Owners! I'm happy to report that Tesla finally fixed the paint on my car! Some of you might remember the Model 3 tint group buy I did last year. After I got my car back 2 weeks ago I went looking for a place to get my PPF and hit yelp and started calling around, and just like last time hunted around for good price/value to do my PPF. I visited a shop in Garden Grove called Xtreme edge auto details, and went to check out there work on a model 3 they had in there shop, and chatted up the owner about Teslas to see if I could get a limited group buy started, and like last time, success!

What I specifically looked for was wrapped edges on the PPF. I do not like seeing visible lines where the edges are so I made sure to inspect their craftsmanship very thoroughly, and on the car I inspected I didn't even realize the car they had in the shop already had the PPF on.

The shop is located in Garden Grove, and the owner is a certified Xpel installer, and also offers ceramic coatings (I opted to do my own coating so I cant speak for that). He's done well over 100 tesla Model 3s, and I believe it since the three times I've come to the shop there has been a different model 3 in it.

Group Buy Price

Price is $1400 for the full frontal PPF (headlights, bumper, fenders, side view mirrors) and the luggage strip on the back bumper below the trunk using XPEL Ultimate Plus paint protection.

Warranty info Verbatim: XPEL warrants XPEL ULTIMATE Plus Paint protection film to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Covered defects include yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering, and laminating.

Relevant Yelp Link: Xtreme Edge Auto Details - Garden Grove, CA

They have a team of guys who have to perform paint correction on the car, before bringing the car into the enclosed garage for prepping and installing the PPF so there is less chance of dust and lint getting underneath. Then it has to be left overnight in the garage to dry, so due to the nature of the work and how time consuming it is, this group buy will be limited to 10-15 cars. I REPEAT your car will have to spend a full day in the shop at least.

I will collect any interested parties information and then hand it directly over to the owner. At this time I believe they are booked at least 10+ days out, but I believe there quality of work is outstanding and I'm very happy with my PPF. Please do not call the store as the employees will not likely know about any group buy. I've included some pictures of my car being worked on and the completed job. If you would like any additional pictures, please feel free to let me know.

If you are interested in the group buy, please post here and then PM me your information so I can keep track of the number of cars and close the group buy when we are filled.

Attachments

• 20190401_144158.jpg
    20190401_144158.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 448
  • 20190401_144206.jpg
    20190401_144206.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 20190401_144215.jpg
    20190401_144215.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 20190401_144220.jpg
    20190401_144220.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0461(1).jpg
    IMG_0461(1).jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 363
Reactions: trojaneen
The PPF looks great on your car and the pricing seems really good. I talked to a guy the other day who, IIRC, got quoted for $1,800 and his didn't come with a bumper strip. I'm interested and have PM'd you my information. Thanks!

Did you happen to talk about tinting too?

They do not do tinting at this shop, just PPFs and ceramic coatings.

Is your bumper ppf done on 1 piece or is there a seam near each corner?

The hood is done as one piece, the bumper is done in two pieces, I can take a picture if you would like.

just clarifying....this includes full hood correct?
Yes Full hood done as one piece.

How long does a job like that take? This is what I was quoted here in San Diego, let me know if it’s the same:

Our Full Front End package includes: full hood, front bumper, fenders, headlights, fog lights, mirrors, door cups, rear impact area and rear luggage area.

The price for the Model 3's is $1850. You should also consider covering the rocker panels. They can get pretty beat up. The price to add them on

is $450.

We also have a Front Bumper package that includes: front bumper, headlights, fog lights, mirrors, door cups, rear impact area and rear luggage area. The price for the

Model 3 is $750.

Fred

How long does a job like that take? This is what I was quoted here in San Diego, let me know if it’s the same:

Our Full Front End package includes: full hood, front bumper, fenders, headlights, fog lights, mirrors, door cups, rear impact area and rear luggage area.

The price for the Model 3's is $1850. You should also consider covering the rocker panels. They can get pretty beat up. The price to add them on

is $450.

We also have a Front Bumper package that includes: front bumper, headlights, fog lights, mirrors, door cups, rear impact area and rear luggage area. The price for the

Model 3 is $750.

Fred

The job requires your car to be dropped off during the day, and usually it'll be ready by closing the following day.
As for comparison, depends on materials being used, and what rear impact area is. I dont know.

Is that included in the $1400?

Your car looks great btw.

Yes the cleaning and paint correction is included! And thank you, I ceramic coated the car myself, took me something like 12 hours, pride of ownership, but i might hire someone next time haha.

I'm interested! Came across this group buy and registered an account for it! You mentioned the bumper is done in 2 pieces, where is seam located and any pictures? Thanks!

I've attached pictures of the seams on both ends of my bumper, you wont really notice them unless you get quite close.
20190409_121105.jpg
20190409_121112.jpg
20190409_121144.jpg
20190409_121151.jpg