Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my car back, pictures shown are:

70% tint on windshield
70% tint on moonroof
40% tint on front side windows
20% tint on rear side windows
40% tint on back rear window

Attachments

• Back40.jpg
    Back40.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 130
  • Back40_Rear20_Front70.jpg
    Back40_Rear20_Front70.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Front40_Rear20_Back40.jpg
    Front40_Rear20_Back40.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Left40_Right20_1.jpg
    Left40_Right20_1.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Left70_Right40_2.jpg
    Left70_Right40_2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 117
  • Shield70_Back_In_Mirror40.jpg
    Shield70_Back_In_Mirror40.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Shield70_Front_40_Rear20.jpg
    Shield70_Front_40_Rear20.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Shield70_Front40_Rear20.jpg
    Shield70_Front40_Rear20.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 114
  • SunRoof70.jpg
    SunRoof70.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 109
  • SunRoof70_FrontSide_40.jpg
    SunRoof70_FrontSide_40.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 123
Hey, I saw your car here. I was planning 40 all around and 70 for roof and shield but after seeing your car I go with the setup you have.
I picked up my car today. Had this exact same setup. From inside, i cant tell the difference between 20 and 40 in visibilty but can tell the difference in heat rejection.

Jesse has a spare model 3 windshield and rear window in his shop which he uses to precisely cut the tint. Highly recommend his work and for the price, cant be beat. For reference, i did my x at signature. Their work is also excellent but price is much higher.

Reactions: tracksyde
Probably, going with this setup as well...still debating 20% on the back rear. Did Jesse talk you out of doing 20% on the back rear?

I mentioned something about the 20% film might be hazy looking through so does not recommend it for anywhere where you might be looking through often. He suggested it might be OK for the rear passenger windows since the driver doesn't often look through those 2 windows. So that's what I did. I took pictures of looking through both the 40% and the 20% from inside. Doesn't look hazy to me.

I mentioned something about the 20% film might be hazy looking through so does not recommend it for anywhere where you might be looking through often. He suggested it might be OK for the rear passenger windows since the driver doesn't often look through those 2 windows. So that's what I did. I took pictures of looking through both the 40% and the 20% from inside. Doesn't look hazy to me.

Pics look good, thanks for uploading.

So what’s the consensus on using Rodz for PPF?
Yes, no, or maybe if...?

I had both tint and PPF. Tint job is phenomenal. I had a few minor issues with the PPF that needed a 2nd visit to correct, but Jesse was happy to arrange for me to come in to get the issue fix. And it was fixed in 20 minutes. So now the full frontal PPF is pretty good.

I also had him put the 2nd layer of PPF that is sized about the same size as the front bumper. He did that with the scrap left over film and no additional cost. This is so if I do decide to put my front bumper on, I can remove the front bumper by simply removing the 2nd layer of PPF film. And if you decided not to put the front license plate on at all, you can always take off that 2nd layer of PPF film.

Pretty much like this:

Model 3 Under Front License Plate Protection (Only $19 w/ 20%)