Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even though this is off topic, I would really like to know the outcome. How do we protect ourselves from losing a deposit? Is this just a hollow threat? I want to be able to decline my car even if it has just a mild panel gap. It would eat me up every time I walk to the car.

Off topic, but I want to think its a hollow threat, I'm sure the sales people are under pressure to get as many of these carts out the door as possible. Tesla of old, and Tesla currently I believe are two different beasts. I heard of legendary customer service,
Couple of questions.

What makes up full frontal wrap? What parts of the car?

Can I chrome delete with body color door handles?

Probably won't call for a few weeks, since I don't have time to do it for a few weeks.

Also, time frame of the work would be helpful. I'm 60 miles away, so would want to make dropoff or pickup day on a weekend, to make it easier.

This question is best asked to them, but if I recall correctly, it includes hood, both fenders, both side mirrors and the bumper. and YES they do have 1 loaner car, I was there and he showed it to me (its actually a decent car, not a junker).

@Nevertipsy any more details on what the ceramic includes in the $300 tier 3 price? What type of ceramic coating do they use? How many coats? What's the warranty period? How much does full car ceramic cost for tier 3?

Thanks for setting this up btw!

Hey no a problem Rlee, glad I was able to help, sorry I haven't been around much lately guys to answer quetsions, been kinda depressed about not getting my tesla LOL.

So from what I know, they do not ceramic your car naked. They CAN apply ceramic to the parts of the car that are wrapped and the product they use is called Ceramic Pro. I do not know how many coats, or about the warranty, sorry!

Best to call Roger in your morning and ask him all your questions. I didn't even know what a ceramic coating was until I met roger last week haha.

Off topic, but I want to think its a hollow threat, I'm sure the sales people are under pressure to get as many of these carts out the door as possible. Tesla of old, and Tesla currently I believe are two different beasts. I heard of legendary customer service.

So you were able to walk away from accepting delivery without repercussions? What was the resolution or is this still in progress? Are they simply going to repair the issues you mentioned and call you back when its fixed? Interested to know what the options are because I just got my VIN on Friday and it'll be coming through the Costa Mesa service center as well....

Back on TOPIC:
I'm likely going to get a the full tint as well and would be interested in just a bumper PPF if that option is available....I'll try to call in tomorrow for a deposit....

I heard that PPF wears out after few years and have trouble being removed...and sap etc.

So you were able to walk away from accepting delivery without repercussions? What was the resolution or is this still in progress? Are they simply going to repair the issues you mentioned and call you back when its fixed? Interested to know what the options are because I just got my VIN on Friday and it'll be coming through the Costa Mesa service center as well....

Back on TOPIC:
I'm likely going to get a the full tint as well and would be interested in just a bumper PPF if that option is available....I'll try to call in tomorrow for a deposit....

I heard that PPF wears out after few years and have trouble being removed...and sap etc.

Honestly no idea, I just spoke to phone concierge today, the costa mesa store promised me a call, didn't deliver. So I called the rep in Nevada who setup my appointment. Still in progress, as the rep has no idea whats going on either. Considering the car that was assigned to me had heavy chipping on the bumper before it even got to me, a PPF on the bumper would not be a bad idea at all.

Thats the scary part, they said that car is mine, they'll try to fix it, but if its "within spec" that I'm kinda SOL, and if want a different one, I lose my $3500. I had the aero rims with the pearl white. No estimate yet. Someone is supposed to call me within 24-48 hours. They REALLY wanted me to take the car and they said they would fix it afterwards.... They were so packed today, my appointment was 30-45 minutes late. Very nice people, just soooo many cars and people, it was like a carrier catapult.

There was minor other stuff, but the paint chips where I could see black, and the back right panel gap... was just too much.

I had a similar experience at the Cosa Mesa delivery center - everything felt rushed. Took delivery on July 8th. There are minor issues with the clearcoat on mine, which I pointed out, but ultimately accepted delivery with a promise that the service center will look at it later. Hope you get yours sorted.

Thanks again for setting up the deal, I'll likely get in on it once my 3 is back from the shop.

Thats the scary part, they said that car is mine, they'll try to fix it, but if its "within spec" that I'm kinda SOL, and if want a different one, I lose my $3500. I had the aero rims with the pearl white. No estimate yet. Someone is supposed to call me within 24-48 hours. They REALLY wanted me to take the car and they said they would fix it afterwards.... They were so packed today, my appointment was 30-45 minutes late. Very nice people, just soooo many cars and people, it was like a carrier catapult.

There was minor other stuff, but the paint chips where I could see black, and the back right panel gap... was just too much.

I went to take delivery of my Performance Model 3 at Costa Mesa yesterday. On inspection of the car, I found some scratches and chips in the paint on my front bumper. The scratches were barely noticeable unless you looked carefully. The service manager took a look and said they would replace the bumper for me and could do it as a service after I took the car. However, I explained that I planned to immediately wrap the full front so I needed them to fix/replace the bumper first. I saw a lot of others driving off in their Model 3's without inspecting the car but I think I am a little OCD due to reading TMC forums and following a Model 3 Delivery Checklist. I remember when I took delivery of my Model S 2 years ago I obliviously drove off without checking out the car's exterior at all.

And this is $300 for tier 3 pricing per the previous post (I think first page of this thread)? Or is it included in the wrap price?
I'm not sure. I just told him I'm gonna add it. I asked if he can do my whole car but he said it's pretty much on top of PPF only for that product. I wonder how much a PPF on door would cost, workers at my hospital have no regard slamming their door open and hitting neighbor's cars. smh.:mad:

I'm not sure. I just told him I'm gonna add it. I asked if he can do my whole car but he said it's pretty much on top of PPF only for that product. I wonder how much a PPF on door would cost, workers at my hospital have no regard slamming their door open and hitting neighbor's cars. smh.:mad:

very strange about ceramic only on the wrap. did you ask him how much it would be for the entire car?

Maybe there is confusion, there is ceramic pro specifically for vinyl and there is cermaic pro for the rest of the car. Maybe the installer is getting the two products confused... you should clarify.

That being said if workers at your hospital have no regard and slam their door open maybe look into getting magnetic door bumper gaurds as well.

Which hospital is this? My wife sometimes drives our model 3 to work at the hospital too... all her coworkers notice since its the only Tesla that’s not in the doctor’s lot... lol. (Which sux because the doctors get free EV charging)