Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did! the prices were pretty good but its in LA, and I live in Fountain valley (I'm lazy). Signature Tint in Costa mesa did my first car, but their prices recently went up. I'm a huge fan of Llumar CTX (Signature did my 3 series bmw back in 2008ish I still drive that car til today, albeit with no AC =( and the tint still remains intact to this day) I might try crystalline since reddit says 3M crystalline is supposed to be the best.

I am actually looking into doing the ceramic coating myself since I'm tight on money haha. Someone posted a guide on here,and it doesn't look THAT hard. I'm honestly financially tapped out after I pay for my model 3. I'm super excited about getting my car tomorrow (Though I still haven't received my contract from Tesla yet, I think I'm going to call them right now).

Good pricing...

If you’re gonna ceramic coat yourself... be sure to do your light paint correction before the clear bra and chrome delete... then ceramic coat after that so the chrome delete and PPF properly sticks.

Here's the link to the other group buy thread:

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

As to which is better, depends on what you want. Some people prefer one PPF versus another - same with tint and coating. When you are checking out coating, be sure to include paint correction (want to start with a nice finish) as well as ask about how long the warranty is. The tiers in this group buy are more easily achievable than the LA group buy. By the way, LA is really Torrance. For me it isn't a big deal as I live in North Orange County and work in Long Beach. YMMV.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy your cars.

Some people might want to go the same day they receive their cars to the nearest place to their delivery center while taking side streets to avoid rock chips. Torrance is a long way via side streets from the Costa Mesa delivery center. Fountain Valley is much closer.

Some people might want to go the same day they receive their cars to the nearest place to their delivery center while taking side streets to avoid rock chips. Torrance is a long way via side streets from the Costa Mesa delivery center. Fountain Valley is much closer.

Understandable. Note that getting such a quick appointment may be tough so schedule in advance and cross your fingers that delivery happens as scheduled.

Hello fellow Tesla Motor club members:

It seems we have enough interest to get this ball rolling.

Please excuse the generic, message! Organizing this / responding to PMs and answering questions has been more tedious than I thought! (though I do enjoy talking to and learning from everyone. Everyone is damn passionate about Teslas!) Please bear with me as this is the first time organizing a group buy!

If you are interested in getting in on the group buy, please feel free to call Roger at Rodz tint Shop between 9am and 6pm, to put a deposit down and make an appointment. Please PLEASE reference the Telsa Motor club group buy and be sure to speak to Roger the manager.

Also please PM me your info and that you’ve made a deposit so I can track where we are in the group buy, and keep everyone posted as to where we are in Tier pricing. (We all want tier 3 :p)

If you have not received your Model 3 or would like to schedule your appointment in the future, you may put a deposit with Roger and it will lock in the group buy pricing (even if you get your car in 2019), as well as count towards the group buy total car count.

If 10 cars (9 cars since I’m getting in on this of course) call and put down a deposit for a major service (non-miscellaneous), we can all qualify for the group buy tier 3 pricing.

Also if you bring in another model Tesla (X or S), that car will ALSO count towards the car count. Tinting the Model S is also cheaper, I imagine the X cheaper to tint too.

If you have any questions about the group buy, please feel free to contact me, if you have questions about products, warranty, or install method, please contact Roger at Rodz Tint shop.

Thank you everyone, and let’s get to tier 3 and all save money and protect our cars!

I think I'm down for my S and my 3 for tinting. I'll call tomorrow to inquire as to the details.

@Nevertipsy, did you happen to hear what will happen to those who got their cars serviced before hitting the 3rd tier? Not sure if there'd be some type of money back post transaction or if I just put down my deposit and wait until we hit the 3rd tier before scheduling service.

Any chances of a 4th tier? Haha...

I think I'm down for my S and my 3 for tinting. I'll call tomorrow to inquire as to the details.

@Nevertipsy, did you happen to hear what will happen to those who got their cars serviced before hitting the 3rd tier? Not sure if there'd be some type of money back post transaction or if I just put down my deposit and wait until we hit the 3rd tier before scheduling service.

Any chances of a 4th tier? Haha...

Hahaha, I'm not gonna lie, I did ask about a 4th tier, but got shot down, saying he couldn't do it.

No rebates/refunds (I imagine its a paperwork nightmare), so I say put the deposit down and just wait til we hit tier 3.

Best thing to do is talk to him directly, cant hurt to ask! For right now, I'd say call, talk to him, put a deposit down, and wait and see. Lots of people seem interested judging from PMs and posts, so I'm hoping we can hit tier 3 fast.

Reactions: tracksyde
Not to rain on any parade but the LA group buy has much better pricing, and there are a ton of vehicles from OC to SF that go to Doug.

Only reason why I bring this up is that once we hit 20x for full packages, further discounts apply, so trying to get to those numbers and could use everyone’s help.

Thank you for the followup! I reserved june 28,2018.. ordered june 30. Picking up my model 3 next wednesday. Hopefully he is available.

I will call the guy tomorrow morning to schedule an appt. Planning to tint every window, chrome delete, console wrap. I'd like to ppf the front bumper only but it would most likely take over a day and I'd like to drive it lol.

Last edited:
elsinore here, picking up my 3 monday afternoon in costa mesa. i would definitely be interested in tint, maybe the frontal wrap as well depending what tier we get to.

ontario would obviously be easier for me to get to, but to save a decent chunk of change i'm sure i can make my way to fountain valley...

Last edited: