Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I did AIR 80 on the windshield of my old car I could see little ripples when looking through the tint. Does Crystalline do that?

Not sure about "little ripples" but I tinted my Model X windshield with Spectra PhotoSync 75 and I can definitely see that it looks different than the naked windshield. I am not talking about how much light coming thru, but you can see that it has some kind of film on it. I can't see that on the other tinted windows of the car, just the windshield. At night it looks perfect. Only during the day when the sun is hitting it at certain angles. It probably has to do with the thickness of the windshield, the coating, and the angle of it. If I have to do it again, I won't tint the windshield no matter how much heat it would reduce. And speaking of heat reduction, I don't think tinting the windshield helped that much. I tinted all the other windows first for a few months, than added the windshield after. I don't feel any difference. I think I read here that the windshield on the Model X already have some heat reject while the other windows do not.

Agreed. It was Signature in Orange County which are highly rated. I thought it had more to do with the material because it was across the whole windshield. Very minor but it bugged me.

Had Air 80 put on at Signature too but haven't noticed any bubbles. My wife wasn't convinced that they had even put anything on. Good since no visibility problems; bad because heat rejection feels about the same.

signed up for the group buy. earliest date available was late september.

I am interested in Llumar CTX. How many cars are we up to now and how do I put down a deposit? I have not received my 2nd Model 3 yet but would like to start the process with this group buy.

we've hit tier 3. so the pricing for the llumar ctx for you would be 575. I would suggest you call, book an appointment and put your deposit down. Hes booked out til the end of September.

Just booked an appointment for mid-September. Question for the group on the chrome delete - go with satin black? Or something to match the MSM paint?

KG M3

Just as an FYI - I got the chrome delete done last Saturday and it was not what i expected. I have never had this done on any previous cars, but I would assume you would not expect any chrome to be shown or see extra vinyl wrapped over certain corners. Maybe I had high expectations because of the high yelp ratings or maybe chrome deletes are not their strong suit. I am supposed to take it back on friday to have them look at it, but he has not responded to me. I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt to fix it, but interaction was not pleasant. They quoted 3 hrs for the center console wrap and chrome delete - it took 7hrs. The reasoning was that they had to redo the mirrors but the mirrors still have chrome exposed. Good news - the center console looks fantastic!

Thanks for the feedback @lla4u2 . Care to share some pics of the chrome delete issues?

So far the reviews of their actual work has got me a bit nervous. I feel like most of the positive reviews on Yelp are based on their window tinting work, but since i already have tinted windows, i was looking at doing their ppf and chrome delete. So far the feedback from @Sneakerhead and @lla4u2 isn't all that positive for these services and makes me real hesitant.

Anybody else have real world experience with their work at Rodz?

Yeah, that’s the disappointing part, there were no chrome delete reviews on yelp and I guess you get what you pay for. I’ve never posted pics on this forum so, hopefully this works haha

8B1CF12F-5976-41B3-8C4A-7664E17855EB.jpeg 8CA54A48-1C13-4064-8A41-36F34B12CF1B.jpeg 586B6FE0-97E4-4E04-A7AC-0512501A9351.jpeg 57F498F8-D156-4DF1-92DC-BF139C077A1C.jpeg BA4DBED5-D12E-4142-907E-2534352E298B.jpeg 5DD689D8-3E22-4A71-A84C-7B3713565ACB.jpeg 2F7B27EB-12F1-4CBB-8D3B-99DF337C1E92.jpeg E97B2784-197F-419E-B67D-BFBDE894642D.jpeg

Oh damn, yeah compared to the jobs I've seen in person, that's pretty shoddy work. Despite the good deal i think I'll have to pass unless they do a hell of a job fixing it up. Please keep us informed if they redo the chrome delete for you and if its any better second time around.

Oh damn, yeah compared to the jobs I've seen in person, that's pretty shoddy work. Despite the good deal i think I'll have to pass unless they do a hell of a job fixing it up. Please keep us informed if they redo the chrome delete for you and if its any better second time around.

Ha thanks for confirming that it's not just me being picky and it is in fact not a top job! I will keep you posted for sure. He had asked me to send pictures via text of all the places I found issues, because to be honest after it taking 4 hours longer than quoting I got the hell out of there and didn't notice exposed chrome until i was changing lanes on the freeway and saw it when looking at my rear view mirror. I got home and took note of all issues and called him. He asked if i wanted to come back that day, um no thanks. When we hung up he texted me from his personal number and once I supplied the images he never responded. I took that as a "oh crap we did bad" but considering the attitude I got from him, he could also think it looks great to him!

I have to chime in here too. They did my vehicle yesterday while I waited. I didn't realize the $700 full tint includes the front glass roof section too, so that was a nice surprise and added value.

The tint job is immaculate and for the cost, cant be beat but their wrapping capabilities are somewhat shoddy. For those that have yet to get it done, I would probably forego it and go somewhere else for the chrome delete and dash/center console wrap.

They clearly don't know how to wrap around corners and my edges are coming undone already. Ill post a pic shortly.
Sorry the photo quality looks better on my phone but this one is a better depiction of 3 spots of explosed chrome I one shot. Looks like it’s aleady peeling off too!

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde