Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess this is one of those cases where price was too good to be true. :/ FYI, they are on 3M authorized installer for tint (and even "crystalline certified"), but not yet showing up for PPF (don't know if there is a certification for vinyl installers). May just be a case where the list of authorized installers isn't updated often or they are in a trial/probation period. Either way, my intuition is they haven't been doing it for that long.

Ha thanks for confirming that it's not just me being picky and it is in fact not a top job! I will keep you posted for sure. He had asked me to send pictures via text of all the places I found issues, because to be honest after it taking 4 hours longer than quoting I got the hell out of there and didn't notice exposed chrome until i was changing lanes on the freeway and saw it when looking at my rear view mirror. I got home and took note of all issues and called him. He asked if i wanted to come back that day, um no thanks. When we hung up he texted me from his personal number and once I supplied the images he never responded. I took that as a "oh crap we did bad" but considering the attitude I got from him, he could also think it looks great to him!
Who did you speak with/text? Roger?

Guess this is one of those cases where price was too good to be true. :/ FYI, they are on 3M authorized installer for tint (and even "crystalline certified"), but not yet showing up for PPF (don't know if there is a certification for vinyl installers). May just be a case where the list of authorized installers isn't updated often or they are in a trial/probation period. Either way, my intuition is they haven't been doing it for that long.
They actually just got their Crystalline certif in the last few weeks. Their guys used to be at the Ontario shop which was also Crystalline certified. My understanding is they have 3 guys that do the tint and 1 or 2 other guys that do the PPF and vinyl stuff. I could be wrong, but that's what one of their guys told me.

Who did you speak with/text? Roger?

Yes, all communication has been with Roger. It's been an interesting interaction. I came by a week before my appointment to pick out the vinyl for the chrome delete and the center console. I went with satin black for the chrome delete and the brushed black metal for the center console. The reason I came by a week before was so they could order any vinyl they needed prior to service if they did not have it in stock. I will say, they had plenty of options. It all made sense and I was happy to come in to make sure I was picking out exactly what I wanted and not relying on pictures on the internet.

I arrived at 8:50am on Saturday for a 9 am appointment and he informed me the brushed black metal came in yesterday but with no adhesive so they could not do it that day. I was already kind of annoyed because I just drove 45 minutes for this appointment and why hadn't I been notified prior to this morning so I could reschedule?!? He then went in the back and there was "plenty" for the center console. Why would you tell a customer it wasn't available before checking? Was he trying to give his guys less work for the day because he over booked? One person had just checked in for 2 cars and they said they would complete it by end of day and gave him a loaner. For me it would take "3 hours" and i was left to sit in the waiting room. Luckily, I had friends in town going to Disneyland for the day so I took and uber and joined them to pass the time. He said he would call me when the car was done at that they would do my car first. Three hours go by, then four, then five, still no word from Roger. I regretted telling him that I would be at Disneyland (maybe he de-prioritized my car) and assumed he just didn't call to tell me my car was ready. At 3 pm i was waiting for my uber to take me back to the shop, Roger calls and said it would be read at 4:30... reminder, I dropped it off at 9. I was not happy and i expressed my disappointment that the quoted 3 hours has turned into 7+ hours. I got to the shop, waited in the waiting room for an hour, when my car was ready i was trying to get out of there as soon as possible. He did not like that I conveyed my disappointment, and honestly I am surprised that he could not swallow his pride. He got combative, defensive and when i said "i feel like you find this acceptable and are not even sorry" he replied "I already apologized on the phone." Like one apology was all i was allowed to get. Can you imagine if I sat in that waiting room the entire time? When he said my car was ready, I wanted to get out of their fast - i had already left my dogs alone all day (poor pups) - so I didn't look over the entire car. I noticed all the issues either on the drive home or once I got home. We had a brief conversation on the phone which made it sound like they would fix their issue, i sent pictures via text per his request and now i have heard nothing back. I followed up on text and he hasn't responded. I will call later today as we had previously discussed coming me stopping by tomorrow to look at the problem areas but I do not feel like driving 45 min out of my way to show him what I already sent on pictures just to have to reschedule an appointment anyway.

Also just to note, the center console looks great! I have no complaints there, I had tried to wrap it myself previously and failed miserably so I know its not easy.

I really struggled with posting any of this. I wanted to give him the chance to rectify the issue. But, when I saw others posting about chrome deletes, I wanted to make sure everyone is informed of not only the wrap job but also the attitude involved. Also very disappointed in that he seems to be ignoring me at this point.

I will keep you all informed when/if I finally hear from him.

Wow... Thanks for posting about your experience. It's kind of disheartening. Initially I was going to go all-in and have his shop do everything. Now Id like to take the chrome delete job elsewhere. They don't do the badges anyway and I'd like to get my dual motor badge blacked out when it comes in as well

Good to here about the console wrap though. Has the experience been good with tint?

If he continues to ignore you, I’d do a chargeback on your card and wait for his call then.

And i was in the same boat. He told me he’d have a loaner car and then i got stuck there for 4 hours while he did my car.

Yes, all communication has been with Roger. It's been an interesting interaction. I came by a week before my appointment to pick out the vinyl for the chrome delete and the center console. I went with satin black for the chrome delete and the brushed black metal for the center console. The reason I came by a week before was so they could order any vinyl they needed prior to service if they did not have it in stock. I will say, they had plenty of options. It all made sense and I was happy to come in to make sure I was picking out exactly what I wanted and not relying on pictures on the internet.

I arrived at 8:50am on Saturday for a 9 am appointment and he informed me the brushed black metal came in yesterday but with no adhesive so they could not do it that day. I was already kind of annoyed because I just drove 45 minutes for this appointment and why hadn't I been notified prior to this morning so I could reschedule?!? He then went in the back and there was "plenty" for the center console. Why would you tell a customer it wasn't available before checking? Was he trying to give his guys less work for the day because he over booked? One person had just checked in for 2 cars and they said they would complete it by end of day and gave him a loaner. For me it would take "3 hours" and i was left to sit in the waiting room. Luckily, I had friends in town going to Disneyland for the day so I took and uber and joined them to pass the time. He said he would call me when the car was done at that they would do my car first. Three hours go by, then four, then five, still no word from Roger. I regretted telling him that I would be at Disneyland (maybe he de-prioritized my car) and assumed he just didn't call to tell me my car was ready. At 3 pm i was waiting for my uber to take me back to the shop, Roger calls and said it would be read at 4:30... reminder, I dropped it off at 9. I was not happy and i expressed my disappointment that the quoted 3 hours has turned into 7+ hours. I got to the shop, waited in the waiting room for an hour, when my car was ready i was trying to get out of there as soon as possible. He did not like that I conveyed my disappointment, and honestly I am surprised that he could not swallow his pride. He got combative, defensive and when i said "i feel like you find this acceptable and are not even sorry" he replied "I already apologized on the phone." Like one apology was all i was allowed to get. Can you imagine if I sat in that waiting room the entire time? When he said my car was ready, I wanted to get out of their fast - i had already left my dogs alone all day (poor pups) - so I didn't look over the entire car. I noticed all the issues either on the drive home or once I got home. We had a brief conversation on the phone which made it sound like they would fix their issue, i sent pictures via text per his request and now i have heard nothing back. I followed up on text and he hasn't responded. I will call later today as we had previously discussed coming me stopping by tomorrow to look at the problem areas but I do not feel like driving 45 min out of my way to show him what I already sent on pictures just to have to reschedule an appointment anyway.

Also just to note, the center console looks great! I have no complaints there, I had tried to wrap it myself previously and failed miserably so I know its not easy.

I really struggled with posting any of this. I wanted to give him the chance to rectify the issue. But, when I saw others posting about chrome deletes, I wanted to make sure everyone is informed of not only the wrap job but also the attitude involved. Also very disappointed in that he seems to be ignoring me at this point.

I will keep you all informed when/if I finally hear from him.

Reactions: lla4u2
Not cool man, good luck. Hopefully, they do whats right and fix the chrome delete issues asap. I wonder if he's less responsive since he already took 50% deposits from everybody else, so is less concerned about negative reviews and people backing out.

Otherwise, it seems odd that he's not concerned about poor experiences seeing that this is an ongoing group buy.

I had a similar issue with my tint shop for a tint job that wqs supposed to take 4 or 5 hrs ended up taking 3 days bevause his guys put on the wrong tint (too dark) first time and had to take it all off and start over. Silver lining is he only charged me $140 for materials instead of the original $400 he was supposed to charge me. Doesn't make up for the lost time but he was extremely apologetic and tried to make things right at least.

Good luck bro!

Wow... Thanks for posting about your experience. It's kind of disheartening. Initially I was going to go all-in and have his shop do everything. Now Id like to take the chrome delete job elsewhere. They don't do the badges anyway and I'd like to get my dual motor badge blacked out when it comes in as well

Good to here about the console wrap though. Has the experience been good with tint?

My tint and center console are ok thus far. My wood trim along the dash is garbage and needs to be redone

Hey all.. promised I would keep you posted!

I called them this evening and Roger was not there however Jesse answered and he said he was the owner. I gave him the entire backstory. He knew Roger's side of the story and that Roger told him i was going to come by tomorrow. But I asked him, why would I come by tomorrow after sending pictures of all the issues, just to turn around an leave because they are booked tomorrow?? He gave me 2 options, full refund or they will book an appointment to fix it. I told him that if I get a full refund and they don't fix it, then I have to go somewhere else to get this completely re-done and I'd rather give them the opportunity to make it right. I said I was in no hurry as long as we can get something on the books. So, at this moment we are set for Sept 15th and they will fix all the issues. He was very sorry for the service (and attitude) i received and when I asked if he was confident his guys could actually fix it, he said "i have to do right by you, I will fix this." And to me, that was all i really needed to hear. Owning up to the issue and offering a solution.

Hopefully I can report back on September 15th that it looks fantastic. I will say though, he mentioned to me that it was Roger's idea to add the chrome delete to the group buy, making it seem like they are new to it and almost as if he regrets offering as a service, so take that for what it is.

Hey all.. promised I would keep you posted!

I called them this evening and Roger was not there however Jesse answered and he said he was the owner. I gave him the entire backstory. He knew Roger's side of the story and that Roger told him i was going to come by tomorrow. But I asked him, why would I come by tomorrow after sending pictures of all the issues, just to turn around an leave because they are booked tomorrow?? He gave me 2 options, full refund or they will book an appointment to fix it. I told him that if I get a full refund and they don't fix it, then I have to go somewhere else to get this completely re-done and I'd rather give them the opportunity to make it right. I said I was in no hurry as long as we can get something on the books. So, at this moment we are set for Sept 15th and they will fix all the issues. He was very sorry for the service (and attitude) i received and when I asked if he was confident his guys could actually fix it, he said "i have to do right by you, I will fix this." And to me, that was all i really needed to hear. Owning up to the issue and offering a solution.

Hopefully I can report back on September 15th that it looks fantastic. I will say though, he mentioned to me that it was Roger's idea to add the chrome delete to the group buy, making it seem like they are new to it and almost as if he regrets offering as a service, so take that for what it is.
Jesse is the co-owner and helped me with an issue I had with a car I had them work on recently (non-Tesla).

Here's my recent experience:

I took one of my parents cars in for full tinting. I was happy that Roger was able to squeeze us in because they were booked for several weeks and I only had a limited window. Roger was super nice and we were able to chat for a couple of hours as Jesse and the team worked on the car. They stayed an hour later than normal to finish up - I was impressed with that dedication. They closed up shop and left and I was about to head to dinner (it was already around sunset).

I noticed a mark on my center console arm rest - like a smooth (i.e. shiny/worn leather look) quarter-sized circle with a cut through it. I took a photo. When I got to my parents house I asked them about the console and they said that was not there before and must have happened during the tint. I also went back to inspect the interior more closely. The rear view mirror was covered in the soapy water solution they used for the tint. Two of the side doors had the same dried water marks presumably from the soapy solution and two of the corners in the windshield also had dried water spots. It just made the work look a little sloppy compared to the tint work done on my other cars by another shop I used In LA. I took photos and messaged Roger.

IMG_6617.jpg

He responded a few hours later and said that it was odd, he was going to talk to his guys in the morning and get a replacement part from the dealer for the console (notably, I just realized he didn't actually apologize). He told me the next day they ordered the part but didn't explain to me how the console damage happened. He said I could come back the next day and they would swap the console. The next day I called and no one answered. So I waited and called back and Jesse answered saying Roger was out sick. We arranged a time to come by after lunch. When I arrived, Jesse showed me the new part they got from the local dealer and replaced it in about 20 minutes and gave us some cold waters while we waited. He said one of his guys accidentally left a heating lamp upside down on the console when he had to run an errand and it had burned the center console. We didn't talk about all the soapy overspray though.

I'm not as upset about the console damage as I know mistakes happen. I was mostly upset that they didn't tell me and I had to inspect it/notice it myself. It could be because it was late in the day that they didn't do their normal inspection/checks and they were just rushing to finish and get home (it took them about 2.5 hours to fully tint the car including the pano roof and windshield).

All in all, I think both Roger and Jesse are nice guys - Roger is pretty young and probably has to learn more about customer service interaction judging from your experience and others. Jesse used to own the Ontario location and also seems like he cares about the customer and his reputation. I'm still going to bring my Model 3 in for tint and I think given my experience on the last car, they'll probably be more careful.

FWIW I do think they have just one or two guys that do PPF and some of the vinyl stuff. Seems like that is a new frontier for them.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply I have had no days off. Anyhow my chrome delete in the mirror caps are pretty much pulling on the edges and parts of the chromes are exposed(not fully wrapped in black satin) maybe it shrunk? Not sure.

Only thing good are the tint and center console.

Ppf some small lifting on the edges on the front hood... tesla replaced my melted charge port and looks great.

If i can do this all over again I would just get the tint and center console and save the 1500+ from the chrome delete and ppf and the ceramic coat. Has like a permanent slight hazy streak. Ive been super busy lately but they are due for a call. Apologies in advance for the typos/grammar. This whole experience has been an disappointment.

Last edited:

Funny, my appointment is in the 15th too. Now I’m second thinking the chrome delete.

Ha thanks for confirming that it's not just me being picky and it is in fact not a top job!
Definitely NOT good! That looks like the kind of work I might do at home in my garage as a first timer! :p

Anyhow my chrome delete in the mirror caps are pretty much pulling on the edges and parts of the chromes are exposed(not fully wrapped in black satin) maybe it shrunk? Not sure.
Sounds like "over-stretching" to me which is detrimental to glue adhesion.

Last edited:
I just dropped off a co-worker at Rodz this morning and we talked to Jesse (I think). But he said Roger is no longer working there (at least that was the impression I got).

They're still honoring the group buy prices, but he said he didnt want to do the chrome deletes anymore. He also mentioned that it was Roger's decision to add the chrome delete to the group buy (which someone pointed out earlier). But he said it was never something he was comfortable doing. He said that for the customers that got chrome delete and were not happy, he would definitely make it right though.

Its been a week since I got my front PPF done there. The top of the fenders and left/right/front edges of the hood are wrapped, but everywhere else, the PPF just goes up to about 1/16" from the edge. There werent too many bubbles or wet spots when I picked it up. But leaving it out in the sun for the past week everything is pretty much gone. There's still one spot I'm monitoring daily, but it looks like something may have gotten trapped underneath. From what I read across various forums, its rare anyone gets a 100% perfect installation though.

Overall, I'm happy with the quality of the work. I knew it was not going to be "seamless" or have all the edges wrapped going in. I had originally decided to not wrap it at all. But with the group buy I figured it was a good deal.

A couple of other things I think are worth mentioning (again).. but 3M offers a 10 year PPF product guarantee but also a 5 year service guarantee (I think thats what they called it). The 5 year covers any damage to the PPF AND the paint underneath (up to $3500, even includes rental car coverage).. it just doesnt cover vandalism. The 10 year covers the product itself against yellowing, adhesive failure, etc. These warranties are through 3M directly. And second thing, they do a light paint correction on the front before doing the wrap. Most places I called for quotes didnt include the paint correction.

Oh, and one last thing, Jesse is in the back working most of the time. With Roger gone, it sounds like he may be a little short staffed at the moment and may not always be available to answer the phone. But he said to leave a message and he would definitely call you back.