Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first pic is the one I’ve been watching. It gets ‘smaller’ over time, but I think there’s something under the film, sadly. It’s right in the middle, looks like a small bug splatter.

The second pic is like some distortion from maybe stretching the film? This distortion is on the front bumper, below the fender towards the front, near the wheel. I don’t think it gets much sun during the day. I plan to hit it with a heat gun this weekend. But it’s really only visible from an angle.

View attachment 327444 View attachment 327445

That obvious edge is kind of disappointing. Just sent them a message regarding full edge wrapping...may cancel if they say it's not guaranteed.

Was it a red 3? If so, maybe it was mine. Tint seems perfect to me. Very happy with the way it looks. Jesse is a very earnest guy who clearly takes pride in his work. I appreciated the pleasure he took in how well it turned out.

I went with 70 on the roof and windshield, 50 on the front side windows, and 40 on the rear and back windows. I wear polarized prescription sunglasses and there are absolutely no issues.

Too bad Roger offered to do the delete because they'll take a beating for that on this forum. If he had stuck with his strength he'd be a hero. I'm mean seriously, full crystilline tint for $700? That's a deal.

I asked how many 3s he had tinted by now and he said around 50. Since the group buy he's been doing 2 per day. If assume after 10-20 he'd be an expert.

Don't hesitate or stress about going to him for tint.

Yes, it must have been your car. It was definitely a clean job.. made me jealous (I got my tint at Signature in Costa Mesa a few months ago)

No, had mine done yesterday. I'm happy with it overall. His tint work looked great to me, a little better than what I had done at Signature in Costa Mesa and prices are similar.

He honored my original deposit, that wasn't an issue at all. I'm pretty much repeating what Tracksyde already said!

Are they cutting around the emlems when applying PPF, placing PPF over emblems, or debadging, followed rebadging after PPF installation? Forgive my ignorance but I'm not sure how he does it. I'm trying to time my emblem chrome delete, PPF, and ceramic.

They're using a template that leaves a cutout for the hood emblem. I've heard from other vendors that its an option they can choose to have cut or left uncut though. So if you prefer wrap the whole hood and put the emblem on top, I think it would only be a matter of asking for it to be done that way.

They're using a template that leaves a cutout for the hood emblem. I've heard from other vendors that its an option they can choose to have cut or left uncut though. So if you prefer wrap the whole hood and put the emblem on top, I think it would only be a matter of asking for it to be done that way.
Isn’t leaving it uncut better so it leaves behind more protection? Especially if there is no visible difference between the two?

Last edited:
Well now I feel kind of bad, but I couldn't just ignore bad work and didn't want anyone else to have to deal with what I went through. I must not have been the only one that had an issue with the chrome delete since Roger got so defensive with me and Jesse willingly told me he didn't want to offer them.

my 3 is at rodz now. jesse mentioned “no more chrome delete” within 60 seconds of me walking in the door. thankfully, chrome delete is not something i was interested in. he seemed like a very nice, experienced guy and i’m confident he’ll do a great tint job. i’ll report back later.

Reactions: Vegan Pleather
Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive, I have my Tesla, but it has bad overspray on some parts of it.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

I had an appointment with Tesla today to have it fixed, but the body shops are overfilled, and they have put me on an indefinite wait-list until the body shops catch up. =\

I called and spoke to Jesse about 10 minutes ago, and he will be the new point of contact. No chrome delete is 100% confirmed.

They are still doing Tints, PPFs, and center console wraps.
If your chrome delete wasn't up to par, they will take care of you, I believe they'll have their outside professional come in to fix/redo it.

Jesse sounds like a stand up guy, and I believe he wants to do right by everyone. So dont be afraid to contact him if theres any problems. I'm bringing my car in as soon as they have any cancellations. I'll post pictures after its done, I'm thinking for my tin 70 front /40 all around. :cool:

Last edited:
i just got back from rodz. i did 40 on all sides and back plus the lightest tint on the roof above the driver and passenger. nothing on the windshield. everything looks perfect. very impressed. jesse could not be a nicer dude. i’m recommending him to a couple of friends and i’ll definitely go back.

Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive, I have my Tesla, but it has bad overspray on some parts of it.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

I had an appointment with Tesla today to have it fixed, but the body shops are overfilled, and they have put me on an indefinite wait-list until the body shops catch up. =\

I called and spoke to Jesse about 10 minutes ago, and he will be the new point of contact. No chrome delete is 100% confirmed.

They are still doing Tints, PPFs, and center console wraps.
If your chrome delete wasn't up to par, they will take care of you, I believe they'll have their outside professional come in to fix/redo it.

Jesse sounds like a stand up guy, and I believe he wants to do right by everyone. So dont be afraid to contact him if theres any problems. I'm bringing my car in as soon as they have any cancellations. I'll post pictures after its done, I'm thinking for my tin 70 front /40 all around. :cool:

Ah, I see so if we have a scheduled appointment for the end of the month we will be getting refunded for the chrome delete and dash wrap then?