Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here the google drive with the picture of the Delete/Tint Spec (Sorry for the dusty car, i just had it cleaned and tinted and when i got home to park the apartment maintenance was cutting grass and blew the dust/etc all over :( )

The red circle denote either the chrome that shows at an angle. The windshield is the crease in the film and the dust/particle stuck

Tint_Delete - Google Drive

@medx @b0n3z

Thanks for posting @mistax @KG M3

Looks like I'll need to do a combo of plastidip and vinyl then. It would've been nice if the chrome delete guy plastidipped the emblems there.

Does the chrome delete guy offer any type of warranty on his work?

Has anyone with white interior tinted their windows yet?

I'm heavily leaning towards 70% windshield & moonroof, 40% front windows, and then 20% for rear windows and back. Jesse says the clarity isn't as good on the 20%, which baffles me...how can 3M sell such a high end window tint but it have poor clarity?? He said the CTX darker tint has better clarity...decisions, decisions.

I’ve been on the schedule for a few months now and finally get it tinted in 3 weeks. It’s crazy how built they are.

Is no one worried about tinting the roof and back windows with the special glass, the ones Tesla says might crack due to heat ?
Force

Jesse has done a ton of M3s with no issues. It is not the heat that cracks glass, it is a big temperature differential from one area (or one side) to another. I saw them doing the tints inside and not in the sun, which is when you might suspect this kind of problem to happen.

They are also paranoid about water intrusion into the electronics, which is a bigger risk based on the issues reported elsewhere.

Jesse has done a ton of M3s with no issues. It is not the heat that cracks glass, it is a big temperature differential from one area (or one side) to another. I saw them doing the tints inside and not in the sun, which is when you might suspect this kind of problem to happen.

They are also paranoid about water intrusion into the electronics, which is a bigger risk based on the issues reported elsewhere.

Can you take a look at my wrap in the google drive and see if it similiar results to what you got? The only nitpicky thing i can think of would be the Windshield crease and the particle stuck

Can you take a look at my wrap in the google drive and see if it similiar results to what you got? The only nitpicky thing i can think of would be the Windshield crease and the particle stuck

I haven't seen any issues on the tint, but I am also not OCD about it and have not inspected it under magnification. I did have one piece of wrap (door handle) come off a day later when it was sitting in the sun and getting incredibly hot. I just told Jesse about it, and I am sure he will take care of me, so I am not worried.

a few of the shops I asked closer to home have said they can't do the back window in crystalline at all because it will crease...has anyone seen that here? I've been on the fence about driving out there to get this done (I live an hour away or so) in case anything goes wrong, but if they can do it right while these other shops can't then I'll bite the bullet and lock in the price before it ends today....

IMG_0668.jpeg IMG_0669 (1).jpeg
okz1KkfCdLA5QxJt8
k57Z5Nn7VxFpewuB8

Just wanted to thank Jessie and Rodz Tint Shop for a great experience. Worth the drive down to have the tint job done. Oh, and the OP for putting the group buy together.

View attachment 335839 View attachment 335840
okz1KkfCdLA5QxJt8
k57Z5Nn7VxFpewuB8

Just wanted to thank Jessie and Rodz Tint Shop for a great experience. Worth the drive down to have the tint job done. Oh, and the OP for putting the group buy together.

Nice tint job! Do you think you can show me a picture of how your back window looks like from the driver's perspective? I was thinking of possibly going that dark, but worried about reflection.

Looks great! What % did you get?

I put my deposit down on Saturday, and am booked for very-late October. (wish they had something sooner!)

Thanks, I'm not sure exactly on the %, he showed me a Model 3 he was working on and I said "that looks great, I'll take that". Pretty sure it's 40 on the sides and 70 on the top. That's what the warranty card says anyway. Hope that helps.

Reactions: SoCalGuy and sbtz