Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a place in Temecula doing it for $750 including windshield. Got an apt on Monday and we’ll see how it goes.

Good price!

Ask how many model 3s they’ve done. Make sure they know about the possibility of water getting into electronics and take appropriate precautions (lots of towels in the front and over the screen). Do they do the rear in one piece? If their answers don’t satisfy you, maybe you should reconsider. Like Davidimdpt said, $950 is not bad for 3M all windows. Good luck!

If you wore polarized sunglasses, would a 70 tint cause any issues on the front windshield for 3M Crystalline?

I wear polarized glasses and got the 3M Crystalline done at Rodz (70% on the front). It does have an effect, but it isn't bad. Basically dark colored cars (mostly black, some dark blue) appear a slight purple-ish tint instead of black at some angles as you approach them. It was a little weird at first but I don't even notice it anymore after 6 weeks.

Good price!

Ask how many model 3s they’ve done. Make sure they know about the possibility of water getting into electronics and take appropriate precautions (lots of towels in the front and over the screen). Do they do the rear in one piece? If their answers don’t satisfy you, maybe you should reconsider. Like Davidimdpt said, $950 is not bad for 3M all windows. Good luck!

I asked about the water when they did my tint. They are very aware of the concern and potential problem and put a lot of absorbing towels/etc in and around the electronics to protect them. It has been 6 weeks since I got my tint done (including 70% on front windshield) and I've had no issues.

Anyone have photos and/or a review of Rodz recent chrome delete work?

Soooo I had the chrome delete done in August and there were many issues, I posted pictures here previously. Apparently Jesse, the owner, was doing the chrome deletes then (did not know this at the time, when i complained). Without going into too many details, they said they would fix it and i went back in September and they had hired outside help, he fixed all of the chrome delete issues. So if they are still having this outside help come in, i say go for it.

Soooo I had the chrome delete done in August and there were many issues, I posted pictures here previously. Apparently Jesse, the owner, was doing the chrome deletes then (did not know this at the time, when i complained). Without going into too many details, they said they would fix it and i went back in September and they had hired outside help, he fixed all of the chrome delete issues. So if they are still having this outside help come in, i say go for it.

Thanks - apparently they're only doing chrome deletes on Wednesdays now. I'd love to see the improved work though. I got a quote from another guy who only does chrome deletes/vinyl, and will do it on-site. Well reviewed, but $745 (vs. $475 at Rodz).