Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks - apparently they're only doing chrome deletes on Wednesdays now. I'd love to see the improved work though. I got a quote from another guy who only does chrome deletes/vinyl, and will do it on-site. Well reviewed, but $745 (vs. $475 at Rodz).

If they are only doing it on Wednesdays, I assume this means they are using the guy that did mine. If that is the case, then you are good to go at Rodz. I will try to grab some pics, strangely I havent taken any yet!

Just got our Model 3 and looking to get the crystalline tint done at Rod'z Tint Shop since it looks like they have lots of experience with the Model 3's. Has anyone who had their front windshield tinted at Rod'z had any issues with the front windshield tinting and the electrical/computer getting water damage?

Also, does anyone have a picture of the rollup window tint installation at the edge? I wanted to see how well they're able to take the tint all the way to the edge of the glass so that when it's rolled down, there are no visible gaps for a factory look?

Just got our Model 3 and looking to get the crystalline tint done at Rod'z Tint Shop since it looks like they have lots of experience with the Model 3's. Has anyone who had their front windshield tinted at Rod'z had any issues with the front windshield tinting and the electrical/computer getting water damage?

Also, does anyone have a picture of the rollup window tint installation at the edge? I wanted to see how well they're able to take the tint all the way to the edge of the glass so that when it's rolled down, there are no visible gaps for a factory look?
They did a great job on my front windshield without issues. Jesse showed me where they stuff extra tissues as well as the rope they use to catch fluids. Clarity is great. Only issue I had is that the rear window didn't have the 3m logo like all the other windows and has been noticeably hotter to the touch compared to the sunroof and front windshield. Jesse responded quickly and offered to check the film. I just haven't had a chance to take it back in. Jesse also installed carbon fiber vinyl on my console and door handles. They turned out great.

Attachments

• 20181027_133702.jpg
    20181027_133702.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 20181027_133552.jpg
    20181027_133552.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 208
I got my windshield done with the 70 and 40 on the rest, no issues except the front windshield has a haze, kind of like small orange peel all around the front, you can see it with tail lights or a light colored object...anyone else have this issue? I saw other model 3s and it still has that texture but not as bad as mines...Jesse will take a look but wondering if this is a problem with the film itself, been about 3 weeks since installation

I got my windshield done with the 70 and 40 on the rest, no issues except the front windshield has a haze, kind of like small orange peel all around the front, you can see it with tail lights or a light colored object...anyone else have this issue? I saw other model 3s and it still has that texture but not as bad as mines...Jesse will take a look but wondering if this is a problem with the film itself, been about 3 weeks since installation
I have not noticed and I have the same 70 in front, I will pay closer attention tonight

Mine has it. I don't notice it that often though ehen driving.

I haven't noticed a haze or orange peel appearance on mine.

I wanted to get my windows tinted and missed out on the group buys so I had to go ask around for quotes:

#1 Signature Glass Tinting
https://www.yelp.com/biz/signature-glass-tinting-costa-mesa
$1060 for sides, rear window, sunroof, and front windshield using Llumar CTX (ceramic)
The owner David had the best sales pitch by far. This was a good thing. He explained that SGT has done hundreds of Model 3s and is an expert at it. He made a very convincing case.

#2 Rodz Tint
I missed out on the group by but was willing to tint all windows in 3M Crystalline for $950. I think that there is a deposit required in order to get this this deal.

Unfortunately for SGT and Rodz Tint, I really wanted a Huper Optik tint. It's because I've used it on 3 of my last cars cars the oldest being a 2008 Acura MDX. Tint still looks as good as it did 10 years ago and I definitely felt the heat reduction. I did a quick Google search for Huper Optik tint Model 3 and found:

TESLA Model 3 Window Tinting with Huper Optik Ceramic Tint - Window Tint Z
Their social media game is on point! However their prices were not. $1400 for all the windows :(

Luckily, Perfect Window Tint finally responded to my message. They were willing to do all windows with Huper Optik for $950 (rear window in one piece). I was a little hesitant because their Yelp page had no Model 3 pics:

Perfect Window Tint - Santa Ana, CA

However the owner Sal assured my that he has worked on many Model 3 and show my numerous pics on his phone to back up his claim. He was able to schedule me the next morning. The work took the entire day. 9am drop off and 4pm pick up. I'm definitely happy with the result.

Attachments

• IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1396.jpg
    IMG_1396.jpg
    762.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1398.jpg
    IMG_1398.jpg
    784.6 KB · Views: 163
After the tint, I decided to get full front PPF and chrome delete. There seems to be no group buys for chrome delete and PPF at the moment for Orange County so I had to ask around again for prices. Prices varied a lot for PPF. I guess a lot of it depends of the type of film that is being used or if it will be a custom job versus pre-cut film.

Luckily, a co-work recommend Coat My Car:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/coat-my-car-newport-beach

The owner Abraham gave me a referral discount after my co-worker pestered him to give me the same deal for full front PPF (custom) he got a few months earlier. I got such a good deal on the PPF, that I decided to get chrome delete done at the same time. I don't want to say what the front PPF cost me since I got a friend/referral discount, but the chrome delete was $800, which was about the average price going. Most people I contacted were book solid (weeks out) for chrome delete and Abraham was able to fit me in right before the Thanksgiving holiday.

Anyway the work was impeccable. You can see from the attached pics the work Abraham and his team did, like removing the chrome window trim, badges, and mirrors. The only regret I had was maybe doing the chrome delete using vinyl instead of getting it painted. I saw a car that Abraham did where the chrome delete was painted (same color as windshield wipers) and I was floored by the quality. Particularly the door handles came nice since he removed the handle from the door and painted the back of it.

The clear PPF was a little harder to judge. You can't tell that there's any film there, which I guess is the point. Everything was tucked in and seamless.

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1402.jpg
    IMG_1402.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 158
Hello Everyone,

If you missed out on our first group buy you are in luck, we started a new one!
Vendor - Tesla Model 3 OC Group Buy Round 2 by Rodz Tint Shop

Our Prices are Still better than our competitors and we added ceramic pro coating to the list! We Are Authorized dealers for 3M, LLumar, and Ceramic Pro with all of our Certification!

-Roger Franco
Manager of Rodz Tint Shop
(714)760-4228

Reactions: tracksyde