Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern Ontario Tesla Owner's Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got my 70D just before Christmas, on Dec 22:biggrin:
drove it to Niagara Falls on Christmas, charged it at travelodge parking lot.
Map was not loading on the way back to Toronto, did lots of researches, and finally fixed the problem by reboot the main display.
.......just like the iPhone.
anyways, like the car by now :)

Happy New Year everyone!
I have scheduled our next meeting for this Thursday Jan. 21
Please RSVP to help me with planning.
The location is the same as the last ones, Fortino’s in Maple.
The actual address is 2911 Major Mackenzie Drive in Vaughan (just east of Jane St.)
The room will be open at 6:30 and Pizza and beverages will be available then.
The meeting will be 7:00 to 9:00 and the room will be available until 9:30.

Please let me know if you have any topics you would like to discuss.
I just found out the someone from Tesla will be attending. We will discuss our involvement in the Toronto Auto Show.
There has been a lot happening between Model X orders and software updates etc. so I’m sure we will have many things to discuss.
I will have our customized lanyards and name tags there.
There has been some work done on our website and we will review that as well.
Thanks
John

Good Morning all, just joined the forums. I have a P85D, Wattson, that I took delivery of in July. I'm in Burlington and looking forward to meeting some fellow southern Ontario Tesla owners :) When is the next meeting?

Hi Sulako

I too am in Burlington, took delivery of a Blue 85D, in October. Still giggling after all a few months. Love the car.
If you would like to meet for a coffee somewhere in Burlington, just reply. I will try to make a meeting of the club as well.

Just joined this forum :) Ordered an 85D, Deep Blue, 19's, pano, premium, uhdef, autopilot, blk multi-pattern seats, obeche gloss...can't wait for mid march delivery!! Was a toss up between mcred and blue. Wife won that one! I've tested out MS's since 2013 when my cousins in OC bought their P85...finally took the plunge in Nov...right before exchange rate increase!
Also ordered the Evannex centre console in obeche gloss...just arrived and can't wait to see it in my car. I intend to tint the windows and get calipers painted gloss red w/'TESLA' on them, as well as the pano mesh cover and winter mats.
Few questions...does anyone feel the dual charger is worth it?
Glad to be on board!

- - - Updated - - -

oops...also subzero..

Great meeting last night. 24 owners in attendance and 2 people from the Tesla Yorkdale store.
We now have our website up http://www.teslaownersclub.ca Facebook Group (Southern Ontario Tesla Owners) and Instagram Teslaownersontario.
Telsa asked us to participate in the Toronto Auto Show. I have access to a sign up sheet, if you are interested and I haven't sent you the link just contact me.
New name tags and lanyards and a windshield decal were handed out. See below.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Standing on my head trying to see where you put that decal, John, but I fell over… :wink:

On dual chargers, I look at them as a kind of insurance at the very least. If you're always going to Supercharge and you'll never get home and have to leave in a relative hurry needing a hefty charge, then one charger is fine. Because we don't know always or never in our plans, we got the dual (and the HPWC, maybe that's obvious) and have travelled to places where having amps well above 40 has meant cutting the waiting time substantially. Of course, now that you have to decide later on the charger(s), you may wait to see what you need instead of having to decide before ordering the car.

Seems like Tesla has discontinued 85D/P85D. Only 90's avail?

Had anyone noticed that on the Tesla Canada website in the design section, there is no longer an 85D or p85D option ? Seems like Elon decided to simply add the upgraded battery and only offer the 90D and P90D variants going forward.

Can anyone confirm that Tesla actually made this permanent decision? I ordered an 85D arriving mid March and I guess if only 90's are the go forward model, it will automatically date mine? They also state now 463km of range compared to the 'former' 85D stating only 435km and 90D at approx a 6% range increase. Anyone have any thoughts on the 90D bs 85D in terms of real world range increase? Used to state $3700 for the extra 26-28km which I never saw as a value add. Perhaps that's why Tesla just axed the 85?

Nav

Standing on my head trying to see where you put that decal, John, but I fell over… :wink:

On dual chargers, I look at them as a kind of insurance at the very least. If you're always going to Supercharge and you'll never get home and have to leave in a relative hurry needing a hefty charge, then one charger is fine. Because we don't know always or never in our plans, we got the dual (and the HPWC, maybe that's obvious) and have travelled to places where having amps well above 40 has meant cutting the waiting time substantially. Of course, now that you have to decide later on the charger(s), you may wait to see what you need instead of having to decide before ordering the car.

- - - Updated - - -

Had anyone noticed that on the Tesla Canada website in the design section, there is no longer an 85D or p85D option ? Seems like Elon decided to simply add the upgraded battery and only offer the 90D and P90D variants going forward.

Can anyone confirm that Tesla actually made this permanent decision? I ordered an 85D arriving mid March and I guess if only 90's are the go forward model, it will automatically date mine? They also state now 463km of range compared to the 'former' 85D stating only 435km and 90D at approx a 6% range increase. Anyone have any thoughts on the 90D vs 85D in terms of real world range increase? Used to state $3700 for the extra 26-28km which I never saw as a value add. Perhaps that's why Tesla just axed the 85?

Nav