Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern Ontario Tesla Owner's Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to Mississauga location to buy a wall connector for installation. They said, they can only sell once the vehicle is delivered and registered which means it will be 3 to 5 months from now for my dual motor Model 3. Anyone installed ahead of time or it's a new Tesla policy?
That doesn’t make sense. I called the Montreal service center and just asked to buy a Chademo and have it shipped to me. They didn’t ask if I was an owner, or if I had a VIN or anything. Just credit card and mailing address.

Reactions: Outerspace
I just bought a HPWC online. The invoice is from Lawrence. I believe you do need a VIN to claim the rebate though.

Maybe that's how they get around the requirement... issue an invoice from an Ontario address. Whenever I order parts or accessories online, the invoice always has a Palo Alto invoice, but I've never ordered a HPWC that way. I just walked in to Mississauga Service and bought it "over the counter". And you do need to have a VIN and, I thought, had previously been given an EVIP or EHVIP rebate on the car itself first before being eligible for the charger rebate.

hmm, there is an option online to order without VIN but I finally put my card info and finish to place order, it gives error to contact customer service. I then sent the error to customer service but no response. It's 2 weeks now. Probably they are too busy to get the cars going and these are lowest of their priority.

hmm, there is an option online to order without VIN but I finally put my card info and finish to place order, it gives error to contact customer service. I then sent the error to customer service but no response. It's 2 weeks now. Probably they are too busy to get the cars going and these are lowest of their priority.

Try a different credit card? I actually ordered a charger last week but then canceled the order the following day. My order went through fine with an Amex.

Just had a call from the Yorkdale showroom. We do need a VIN for this, which means the car has to be ready for delivery to buy the wall connector.

Anyone has recommendation for a good installer in GTA?
Go to Lawrence. You don't need a VIN. They asked for my VIN - and I said I didn't have the car yet but it was on order. She went to speak someone else and it was no problem.

Grand Valley Ontario (just west of Orangeville) has just installed 3 HPWC and 1 J1772 in their town parking lot.
Plugshare: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

As it is Drive Electric Week September 8-16, we thought it might be fun to have a mini rally to Grand Valley for 12:00 noon on Sunday September 16.

Any participants, Tesla or others, are welcome to meet up there.
I will be leaving the #10 and Broadway Kiss N Ride, Orangeville, at 11:30, should anyone wish to rally with me.

Please PM me if you want to come/join me

Reactions: wolfpet
Grand Valley Ontario (just west of Orangeville) has just installed 3 HPWC and 1 J1772 in their town parking lot.
Plugshare: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

As it is Drive Electric Week September 8-16, we thought it might be fun to have a mini rally to Grand Valley for 12:00 noon on Sunday September 16.

Any participants, Tesla or others, are welcome to meet up there.
I will be leaving the #10 and Broadway Kiss N Ride, Orangeville, at 11:30, should anyone wish to rally with me.

Please PM me if you want to come/join me
Hi...super excited to pick up Model 3 tmo in Oakville!
How do I join the Southern Ontario Tesla club?