Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern Ontario Tesla Owner's Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got one better! I got my car the day of the ice storm. No power for the following 5 days.:cursing:
So, the Raeside cartoon in the Victoria Times-Colonist yesterday was for YOU, then!! (Apr 17, http://digital.timescolonist.com/ , page A10)

posting pic here because I couldn't get the link to work properly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 498
Cartoon is dumb. Last time there was a major blackout I couldn't drive my ICE car. I had no gas and all the stations were shut. No power for the gas pumps.

In fact following the earthquake and tsunami in Japan the only cars that could readily drive into the disaster area were electric. Fuel supplies were badly disrupted but they got the grid back up pretty quickly.

Well, I can't say I was pleased to see it and I don't know what it was that prompted Raeside to poke EV's. For me the irony was the timing of the cartoon (yesterday) and RAM_eh's post (yesterday) -- I agree the cartoon itself is dumb. I'm waiting to see the letters to the editor complaining (hopefully) about it over the next few days.

Great to see the Southern Ontario Tesla Owner's Club postings. Just took delivery of our Model S...driving by the pumps at the gas station to get to the touchless car wash was a terrific feeling..can relate to all those Tesla grins I== :)

For the record, I received my Model S at the end of November 2013 and I still do not have a front plate on. The look is worth the risk :smile:
We've only had our vehicle since 4/17 but we've decided not to install the front plate at all. Reports have it that police aren't looking for these infractions and would only make issue if another more serious moving violation were cause to ticket.

Hello everyone.
I am still trying to actively grow this club and also increase attendance at The Marques D'Elegance on August 24 http://www.marquesdelegance.ca/marques-delegance.php
I am curious how many Canadians especially from Southern Ontario visit TMC.
As I write this there are 1247 users online but only 183 are members. I believe there are a lot of 'lurkers' who view but aren't members.
So if you have interest in our club and / or The Marques D'Elegance please email me at [email protected]
Thanks
John

Love to join the club. Will pm you with my details.

P85+ | Pearl White | Black Performance Leather | 21" Silver Turbines | Pano | Tech Pkg | Premium Lighting | Parking Sensors | Piano Black | Fog Lamps| Sub Zero | Alcantara Headliner & Upper DT | UHFS | Smart Air | Dual Chargers | Parcel Shelf | CF Spoiler | RB Calipers | Delivery - late July |