Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern UK PPF Fitters for my Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many such as Xpel have approved installers on their website. Not to be confused with trained installers who may not offer the same level of competency.

I can recommend Steve Baker on Xpels list covering Havant/Waterlooville, but they only do the PPF side of things so you would need to seek his advice on paint correction side of things. I used them to fix the problems found after a trained installers effort.

Reactions: hairysteve
Sorry can provide reference, but will be interest in what other say and what quotes you get. I’ve seen various people get this done on YouTube and it seems effective. The cost seems very much driven by the time taken to apply the covering, can take several days it seems. If the “full coverage from £3695” in your link is indicative, it makes one consider diy options…

Sorry can provide reference, but will be interest in what other say and what quotes you get. I’ve seen various people get this done on YouTube and it seems effective. The cost seems very much driven by the time taken to apply the covering, can take several days it seems. If the “full coverage from £3695” in your link is indicative, it makes one consider diy options…
Not looking for a full body, just high impact or frontal - this site shows options Paint Protection Film Quote | Auto Armour

Ah, is that what you did with your ICE cars? Did it work well? Ceramic coating seems to be another option for protection or to be used in combination, have you tried that before?
Combining both products is not something I have done before, as they were leased cars and even though I meticulously look after them there is a financial threshold. Thankfully though I do enjoy washing and detailing my cars (nobody else is allowed to do so), so will probably just go for partial PPF even though this will be a bought car :D

I know very little about paint protection systems and would welcome some advice.

I have owned many cars but never had any of them treated, however, I have recently had a quote for my Model Y from Cambridge Concours for a front end film kit and ceramic coating.

Does anyone have experience of Cambridge Concours?

Is it worth paying the extra for a full body kit for PPF?

Is the ceramic coating worth having?

Edit: Sorry, just realised, didn't mean to hijack this thread

Did you also have the New Car Paint Protection?
@hairysteve: So, about 10 weeks have past. I would be interested to have an update win terms of

1. What was the condition of your paintwork when you collected the car?
2. What have you had done; paint correction, ceramic coating, full or partial PPF?
3. If you have had anything done, would you recommend the people who did it?
Thank you.

So, you found them to be good. They are on my shortlist. How was your paintwork at collection?
Thank you.

I didn't examine the paintwork too closely on collection from tesla just made sure there were no chips or scuffs as it was going straight to the detailers.

Autocurators had done quite a few Tesla model 3s and they said that the standard of paint had improved significantly from the first car they did back in 2019 (its still soft tho). They seemed pretty knowelgable and knew all about the lifting pucks etc to protect the battery.

When I dropped my car of they had a Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo in for full PPF and so was my first opportunity to take a look at this beauty in the flesh.

If you are looking to PPF I would recommend you get the whole front PPFd. I did just the bumper and rockers and now have a lovely white chip mark about an inch above the bumper..... grrrr

Reactions: Wattsisname
I didn't examine the paintwork too closely on collection from tesla just made sure there were no chips or scuffs as it was going straight to the detailers.

Autocurators had done quite a few Tesla model 3s and they said that the standard of paint had improved significantly from the first car they did back in 2019 (its still soft tho). They seemed pretty knowelgable and knew all about the lifting pucks etc to protect the battery.

When I dropped my car of they had a Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo in for full PPF and so was my first opportunity to take a look at this beauty in the flesh.

If you are looking to PPF I would recommend you get the whole front PPFd. I did just the bumper and rockers and now have a lovely white chip mark about an inch above the bumper..... grrrr
Thank you for that. I take your point about getting whole front end PPFd. Sorry about your chipped front.