Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southland and LV Superchargers Offline?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aesculus

Still Trying to Figure This All Out
May 31, 2015
Northern California
On another thread I saw someone post that the California superchargers were off line to prevent people clustering for COVID-19. I went into my car and sure enough all the So Cal and LV chargers don't show the occupancy. Not sure if that means they are offline or not.

The Nor Cal ones north of Santa Barbara and the Grapevine all looked OK but I did not check every one of them.

Anyone have first hand experience with this? Is this just to reduce potential use or are they actually off line?

On another thread I saw someone post that the California superchargers were off line to prevent people clustering for COVID-19. I went into my car and sure enough all the So Cal and LV chargers don't show the occupancy. Not sure if that means they are offline or not.

The Nor Cal ones north of Santa Barbara and the Grapevine all looked OK but I did not check every one of them.

Anyone have first hand experience with this? Is this just to reduce potential use or are they actually off line?

A certain distance from your current capability will not show the occupancy info. And it really is not needed to you. As you come within range it should display and, when you think about it - the occupancy will have changed.

Not showing occupancy does not mean offline.

Reactions: jboy210
A certain distance from your current capability will not show the occupancy info. And it really is not needed to you. As you come within range it should display and, when you think about it - the occupancy will have changed.

Not showing occupancy does not mean offline.
Is this recent?

I guess I never noticed this before because as you said, it's kind of irrelevant except for planning purposes. If you wanted to get an idea of how busy chargers were in general during certain days/times it would be handy to look at the occupancy even though it would be irrelevant for that particular day.

• Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla