Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Space Gray Model X after Chrome Delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
chrome_delete_1.jpg
chrome_delete_2.jpg
chrome_delete_3.jpg
chrome_delete_4.jpg
chrome_delete_5.jpg
IMG_2311.jpg
chrome_delete_6.jpg
Thanks to Nikola Pro Chrome Delete Kit , our model X looks sharper now :) . Also attached pre Chrome Delete pic

Last edited:
Looks great. I have a Nikola Pro kit sitting in my garage, and so far I’ve only attacked the door handles and the back TESLA strip. Just curious what you found to be the most difficult? And if you were starting fresh, anything you would do different?

Looks great. I have a Nikola Pro kit sitting in my garage, and so far I’ve only attacked the door handles and the back TESLA strip. Just curious what you found to be the most difficult? And if you were starting fresh, anything you would do different?
Thank you. Yeah mine was sitting for over 2 months. I would say part of Mirror section and also the Letter section on the trunk lid . If I were to start Fresh , using heat-gun more often and not stretching the vinyl at all. I had to request additional pieces because I overstretched some areas.
Glad that they give two kits

I'm starting to love the space gray and 22" wheels combo more and more every day. Yours looks amazing!

The hardest part is the mirrors, by far! Especially the bottom, but after a while I was like screw it, who is going to be on their hands and knees looking at the bottom of your mirrors?

I actually decided not to do the emblems and left those chrome. Thought it was a tasteful touch of chrome on the front and back of the car.

I'm starting to love the space gray and 22" wheels combo more and more every day. Yours looks amazing!

The hardest part is the mirrors, by far! Especially the bottom, but after a while I was like screw it, who is going to be on their hands and knees looking at the bottom of your mirrors?

I actually decided not to do the emblems and left those chrome. Thought it was a tasteful touch of chrome on the front and back of the car.
Thank you ! Chrome emblems is a nice touch and I agree Mirrors are a pain . I screwed up the folding mirrors thing twice and just didn't bother. 22" wheels are awesome , but if I were to buy another X , I will go with 20".

Chrome window trim is hideous and draws too much attention visually. With the chrome delete, the car looks so much better. My eyes are drawn to the whole car, which looks nicely integrated, rather than chrome trim popping out.

Maybe the chrome is less obnoxious with other colors (and I know others prefer the chrome), but IMO chrome delete makes this color so much nicer. I did the chrome delete within a month of buying my 3 in midnight silver, too.

Nice job!

Chrome window trim is hideous and draws too much attention visually. With the chrome delete, the car looks so much better. My eyes are drawn to the whole car, which looks nicely integrated, rather than chrome trim popping out.

Maybe the chrome is less obnoxious with other colors (and I know others prefer the chrome), but IMO chrome delete makes this color so much nicer. I did the chrome delete within a month of buying my 3 in midnight silver, too.

Nice job!
Thank you . Agreed Chrome window trim can feel out of place. I wish I did that sooner. Did you post pics of your chrome delete?

I had mine done professionally, and honestly they did a terrible job in places. The place does nothing but wraps and it’s like they’ve never done a car with folding mirrors before. I literally took delivery, drove it home and when the mirrors folded, I almost lost my *sugar*. the idiots pout wrap directly over the folding joints.

After fixing it myself with 3M 1080 it looks and works great, but when it’s time to do it again, I’m going to DIY with the help of a precut kit. Even with all the *sugar* I put up with it was worth it. Completely changes the look of the car, but you NEED to get the front windows tinted before the transformation is complete. Even legal tint (at least in my state of WA), is way darker than factory and heavily balances it out. Enjoy your new wrap!

Reactions: yogi4
I had mine done professionally, and honestly they did a terrible job in places. The place does nothing but wraps and it’s like they’ve never done a car with folding mirrors before. I literally took delivery, drove it home and when the mirrors folded, I almost lost my *sugar*. the idiots pout wrap directly over the folding joints.

After fixing it myself with 3M 1080 it looks and works great, but when it’s time to do it again, I’m going to DIY with the help of a precut kit. Even with all the *sugar* I put up with it was worth it. Completely changes the look of the car, but you NEED to get the front windows tinted before the transformation is complete. Even legal tint (at least in my state of WA), is way darker than factory and heavily balances it out. Enjoy your new wrap!
Saved me $1100 with precut kit.

yah I have the space gray with chrome delete.. I also used Nikola pro kit but I got 20s and powder coat.. I like look of 22s but prefer the range of 20s.. do you know how to get rid of orange tint in front fog lamp? View attachment 573320
Looks great nicely done . That red highlight on wheels looks great. I like 20s too. I haven't thought about the orange tint on fog lamps, but i have seen something like this
Rtint™ Tesla Model X 2016-2020 Fog Light Tint | Film

https://www.amazon.com/BlingLights-Tinted-Overlays-Protective-Covers/dp/B07DJ2BCYY

awesome thank you.. your p100d is sick.. unfortunately my wife didn’t want to spend extra money.
Thank you . It is fun and love that instant acceleration, but If i were to do this again , I would go with a Model X Long Range with 20" wheels and would save for P3D . Its hard to get hang of the acceleration with my wife and an infant in the car. In fact, I was thinking of trading this in for a long range model X recently.

• Funny
Reactions: posey_mvp