Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX & Boring Co team to Thailand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a scuba diver, I found that video very interesting. While clearly not for the claustrophobic, that does seem like a viable solution. There must be some mechanism to deal with the CO2 buildup inside the tube. They could have a calcium carbonate canister inside the tube but you would need a way to force air through it, and there isn’t much space to spare in there! I didn’t see any gas venting from the tube during that short video, though maybe the timeframe was too brief to show that. Since the occupant is breathing in air from the external tank, pressure will build up inside the tube.

• Informative
Reactions: SwTslaGrl
Ok, Thailand news started to publish videos about rescue.
BTW Thai press mission representative never said that mini was impractical, he said it was not necessary. the sub was from the start a back-up in case if the water path would become too long for the existing plan.
Rescue was executed using first variant of the rescue pod proposed by SpaceX and Arcata-based Wing Inflatables.
News about are here:
Answering Elon Musk’s call for help to build Thailand’s cave rescue pod in 24 hours
Video at point is here:
time stamp with pod images is 6:24.

Cheers. The journalists as always proved to be hateful, opinionated and clueless morons. I wonder when Musk will start his pravduh project.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
Sure you can believe NYT . they check all their sources and don't speculate. Right?
Or you can look at the clip I linked. Time stamp is 6:24.
Indeed they used military variant of SKED which is usually used for helicopter evacuations in the dry sections of the cave. Everybody's seen the clips. The stretchers were dry, so it was just a matter of time to wait until underwater shootage with SpaceX/Wing pods will be released.

Indeed they used military variant of SKED which is usually used for helicopter evacuations in the dry sections of the cave. Everybody's seen the clips. The stretchers were dry, so it was just a matter of time to wait until underwater shootage with SpaceX/Wing pods will be released.
The SpaceX developed “mini sub” or “pod” was not used as far as Iknow.

“Modified SKED”, “military variant of SKED”, same thing. I could not tell from the video if the “stretchers were dry” or not. But given that the rescue required traveling lengthy sections above water as well as below, what was shown in that video could have been after the SKED had been above water for quite awhile.