TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

SpaceX expanding to Mississippi

Discussion in 'SpaceX' started by aronth5, Oct 23, 2013.

1. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

SpaceX expanding to Mississippi

"WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) today said the agreement signed today between the State of Mississippi and the commercial space company SpaceX bodes well for future job growth at and around NASA’s John C. Stennis Space Center in Hancock County.....“We have been talking with SpaceX for many years about working at Stennis Space Center, and I am pleased to officially welcome them to our Mississippi family. "

COCHRAN: SPACE-X DECISION BODES WELL FOR JOB GROWTH IN SOUTH MISSISSIPPI - News Releases - News - Senator Thad Cochran

2. HVM

HVM Savolainen

SpaceX is going to test a new engine called Raptor in Stennis. Raptor originally expected to be a hydrogen burning upper stage engine, and is now know to be a methane burning engine, used both upper and lower stages in new bigger launch vehicle. Raptor is also assumed to be used in Mars flight architecture!

(Methane can be produced “in situ” on Mars, and can also be stored more easily than liquid hydrogen)

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I hear astronauts are pretty good at producing methane in situ.

4. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Well put. I'd give you positive rep points for it but it won't let me, evidently I try to give you positive reps too often.