Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - 16th Reuse - SAOCOM 1A - SLC-4E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are visiting my daughter at UCSB this weekend. A launch on Saturday night would been nice. The plan is drive home to the bay area this Sunday afternoon. If we stay for the launch it will be late by the time we get home and I have work tomorrow. Are easily accessible viewing sites available?

This might provide some indication, SpX Hazard Areas#8 [Raul] - Google My Maps
Stage separation happens at 2 minutes and 24 seconds. Boostback burn is at 2 minutes and 36 seconds.
Wow, if the orange circle in the diagram is correct then we should have a great view from the end of the Pier in Hermosa Beach. Not as good as driving up to Vandenberg like I was going to do yesterday, but should still be good, and we can get our kids home and into bed at a reasonable time.

Reactions: oneday
C4B4842F-5821-42EF-8838-F2E687F88FEC.jpeg In position; View from Harris Grade rd

Perfect conditions on the Monterey Peninsula. Saw the long orange tail of the initial ascent, stage separation, second stage light off, first stage boost back, fairing jettison (no thruster action seen from those) reentry burn and a gorgeous stage two climb into orbit. Had to come back inside to see them stick the landing.
Well done SpaceX!
Robin

Perfect conditions on the Monterey Peninsula. Saw the long orange tail of the initial ascent, stage separation, second stage light off, first stage boost back, fairing jettison (no thruster action seen from those) reentry burn and a gorgeous stage two climb into orbit. Had to come back inside to see them stick the landing.
Well done SpaceX!
Robin
Next time I'll have to try to see it from home!

From my deck in Fullerton, CA. About 160 miles down range, 12 miles inland or so. It was cool, watched the YouTube feed standing outside on my deck through kitchen window. About 20 seconds after launch it started to appear on the horizon. I yelled "rocket in the sky" at my daughter to come out of her room and she was blown away.

I impressed my 19 year old! I was tempted to tell her aliens... but, I'm mostly a good dad.

Strange, looking back and forth between the feed and the sky. The light show went off at the exact moment they called the engine off on the feed. Surreal. This is going to become a regular occurrence. Can't wait.

Plus should give Elon something else to tweet about.

Please don't use, reuse, resubmit these images. They should live here.
IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg