Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - 4th Reuse - CRS-13 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very informative photo, thanks for posting. I did not realize that the HIF was so close to the pad!
What is HIF again?
There actually looks like there is a lot of infrastructure close to the pad. I may be a little ignorant about this though. Just before launch, I got a screen grab (that the forums is denying the upload of, claiming a security errro)
that had me wondering about what a RUD would do to all of these structures.

Reactions: Grendal
My, this still as cool as the first one! Space is boring, yay!!
Couple of observations:
  • Seeing the takeoff plume from the descending first stage was epic! Puts things in perspective.
  • Was that a bird flying by just before the landing burn?
  • I love that LZ1 has shrubbery and whatnot right next to it. Makes it look normal to have a rocket landing back on earth. Even the bugs get back to business real quick.
This is the future, and we are living it!

Reactions: Grendal
My, this still as cool as the first one! Space is boring, yay!!
Couple of observations:
  • Seeing the takeoff plume from the descending first stage was epic! Puts things in perspective.
  • Was that a bird flying by just before the landing burn?
  • I love that LZ1 has shrubbery and whatnot right next to it. Makes it look normal to have a rocket landing back on earth. Even the bugs get back to business real quick.
This is the future, and we are living it!

1. Truly. I also like both the SpaceX and NASA versions have different angles for the launch and especially the landing. My personal preference is the NASA version with ground cameras following the booster from separation all the way to landing.

2. I think it was a SpaceX Florida wasp. They've invaded a lot of launch and landing videos.

3. I thought it was cool to see the second pad ready for the second FH booster. Soon, so very soon.

Reactions: e-FTW and Mike1080i
My, this still as cool as the first one!

Yup, very much.

Every landing, as I see the booster coming, I get the feeling it is going to miss the mark and I keep telling myself - well it had to happen sometime, maybe it is this time.

This time I was certain it missed the mark. I mean look at the yellow circle below, isn't that the landing pad? or so i thought for a moment.
Untitled.png

until I saw this:

Untitled1.png

• Love
Reactions: Grendal and e-FTW
Another successfull Dragon mission!

Yesterday evening my neighbor knocked on my door and told me that he could see the ISS with the Dragon following it. My wife and I ran out to our front yard and looked up towards the south. The ISS was very bright — the solar arrays must have been positioned well to reflect the sunlight — but we couldn’t quite make out the much fainter dot of light that was the Dragon trailing behind. My neighbor said he had been just able to make it out a minute earlier.