Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Comm Crew DM-2 - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My favorite view...

A90287C2-A911-4563-9297-511F414A6033.png

5B9A54EC-071B-4025-A703-1A2E138A2EC4.png

amazing technology and dedicated teams.

my next favorite sight is the blinking Dragon moving into docking position. Then the hatch opening into the ISS to the crew greeting them.

Souvenirs from space for the techs when it returns?

Hope the weather holds. Just tuned in and they were on com check at that point. Saw the seats rotate.

Was the WH represented today?

Yes both the Prez and vp were at the launch site.

Looked like Dragon had an empty trunk for today’s mission?

And have we heard what name the astronauts gave to their spaceship?

A few might say today was just another small step into Space. Many more would say it's a damn huge one for SpaceX!

I tried getting on two satellite tracking sites and both crashed after I entered location info for Dragon or ISS. I was using Heavens Above and NASA's Spot the Station. Will attempt again later. If anyone finds the ISS tonight or early tomorrow morning, I suspect Dragon will be trailing it, perhaps by 30 to 60 seconds.

Reactions: Christine69420
(c) Ivan Vagner
C489A4D4-174B-4270-BC13-A45E41D525C7.jpeg

"За 2 минуты до запуска #CrewDragon #МКС пролетала над мысом Канаверал. Сделал фото площадки 39А, откуда стартовала ракета Falcon 9. Пуск увидеть не удалось, но удалось заснять выведение в верхних слоях атмосферы.

Поздравляем всех с этим событием! С нетерпением ждем Дага и Боба!"

(c) Ivan Vagner
View attachment 546286
"За 2 минуты до запуска #CrewDragon #МКС пролетала над мысом Канаверал. Сделал фото площадки 39А, откуда стартовала ракета Falcon 9. Пуск увидеть не удалось, но удалось заснять выведение в верхних слоях атмосферы.

Поздравляем всех с этим событием! С нетерпением ждем Дага и Боба!"

can’t read post but what is the corkscrew formation above the cloud layer?

can’t read post...

Google transl: "2 minutes before the launch of #CrewDragon #, the ISS flew over Cape Canaveral. I took a photo of site 39A, from where the Falcon 9 rocket started. I couldn’t see the start, but I managed to photograph the removal in the upper atmosphere.

Congratulations to all on this event! Looking forward to Doug and Bob!"

... but what is the corkscrew formation above the cloud layer?
DRWP1.gif

Google transl: "2 minutes before the launch of #CrewDragon #, the ISS flew over Cape Canaveral. I took a photo of site 39A, from where the Falcon 9 rocket started. I couldn’t see the start, but I managed to photograph the removal in the upper atmosphere.

Congratulations to all on this event! Looking forward to Doug and Bob!"

View attachment 546296

So what causes the corkscrew effect? I assume Falcon wasn't rotating and I know we've seen similar patterns in the sky in other launches. That was a great photo, too bad there were so many clouds overhead.

I had some trouble getting on to the NASA site earlier today to watch and video was "sluggish" at times. Likely the biggest event today for most people interested in space, and nice it launched on the weekend for everyone. The spotthestation site fails to open for me.

The SpaceX website is broadcasting with two burn adjustments down. They have a diagram up right now. Live but you can scrub back to see what you've missed.

SpaceX

NASA's site has had Pence/Trump on (didn't see it scrubbing on SpaceX site just all Dragon views and ground station). Round of applause for Elon Musk. Scrubbed to quickly look over and didn't see Elon shown so don't think he's there. Trump talks about Minnesota.

Last edited: