Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - CRS-16 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any word on CRS-16?
Launch Date: December 4th
Launch Window: 1838 GMT (1:38 p.m. EST)
Launch site: SLC-40 Cape Canaveral
Booster Recovery: RTLS - LZ-1
Booster Type: B1050 - New
Orbit: ISS in LEO
Dragon Return - January 10th

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the 18th Dragon spacecraft mission on its 16th operational cargo delivery flight to the International Space Station. The flight is being conducted under the Commercial Resupply Services contract with NASA.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacGreiner
Social media passes anyone? Bonnie introduced us to this...
Experience the Launch of the SpaceX CRS-16 Mission
From NASA's launch experience website, consider that for the two day event, "You are responsible for your own expenses for travel, accommodation, food and other amenities." Not cheap. I don't mean to throw cold water on these events, but NASA certainly has more than a little spare change available in their PR department to help media savvy 18 or 19 year old kids participate. Generating interest within this age group would seem to be a prime demographic for NASA to impress through the eyes of their peers.

Reactions: Grendal
I think this launch is the second try at bringing up an additional docking adapter for the commercial crew program. First try ended with RUD. Fingers crossed that this launch in particular goes well.
I'm 90% thinking that they already sent the second docking adapter ages ago. In fact, yes, two years ago:

Reactions: Grendal and mongo
Reactions: Grendal
That would be perfect.

591CD2F6-90B3-436D-9E13-80C57BFE4E47.jpeg

SpaceX CRS-16 Now Targeted for Dec. 5 – SpaceX
NASA and SpaceX are now targeting Wednesday, Dec. 5 for launch of the 16th SpaceX cargo resupply mission to the International Space Station. The launch was moved to Wednesday after mold was found on food bars for a rodent investigation prior to handover to SpaceX. Teams will use the extra day to replace the food bars. The launch time for Wednesday is 1:16 p.m. EST.