Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - CRS-18 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Grendal

SpaceX Moderator
Jan 31, 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Launch Date: July 25, Wednesday
Launch Window: 2001 GMT (6:01 p.m. EDT)
Launch site: SLC-40 Cape Canaveral
Booster Recovery: RTLS
Booster Type: B1056.2 (CRS-17 booster)
Orbit: ISS in LEO
Dragon Return - TBD

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the 20th Dragon spacecraft mission on its 18th operational cargo delivery flight to the International Space Station. The flight is being conducted under the Commercial Resupply Services contract with NASA.

This will be the ninth launch of the year for SpaceX.

SpaceX CRS-18 - Wikipedia

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: e-FTW
Chris B - NSF‏ @NASASpaceflight
Static Fire test latest target is NET Friday morning.

Could happen within the next hour or two. This is at least the second delay of the Static Fire test, originally planned for the 16th. CRS-18 launch is now expected to occur no earlier than Monday, 7/22/19. Along with the SpaceX webcast, NASA-TV will also be broadcasting the launch. NASA's tracking cameras usually capture some great video.

Reactions: Grendal
Thunderstorms will be drifting west to east across the Florida peninsula today. The current launch probability is estimated to be 30%. A similar forecast for Thursday and Friday, the weekend is looking much better.
If CRS-18 does launch this evening it would be fun watch Elon demonstrate his multitasking abilities. Maybe nailing the booster landing at LZ-1 could be choreographed with frying a few TSLA shorts.

• Funny
Reactions: Cosmacelf
I wonder if anyone's done an audit of these weather launch probabilities. Out of all the times that the launch window has been around a 30% probability, do we really get launches one out of three tries?

Dunno about an audit but it's pretty well defined how to do weather predictions for a fixed location. It's not like the weatherman on TV doing a prediction for hundreds of square miles and simultaneously for a 24 hour period.

The launch was at a single spot on earth at a single time reference. So the forecast model is going to be dead accurate on a time frame of 15 minutes before launch and pretty close to that accuracy if you are looking at it a few hours ahead (as long as a sunrise or sunset isn't during your prediction window).

Another great landing of Stage 1. I watched it on a NASA YT feed and have to say I miss our SpaceX commentary crew. Glad the Stage 1 landing was passed off to them. Going to have to rewatch the launch on the SpaceX feed.

I noticed that Gwen wasn't there today at SpaceX but Elon was front and center. Looked pretty relaxed watching the progress.

Reactions: Grendal