Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - JCSAT 18/Kacific 1 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SpaceX says the fairing recovery ships barely missed recovering the halves of the nosecone. And said they are working to pull them out of the water for possible reuse. Source: @Spacex on Twitter.
Yup, shame!
But I can imagine plenty of weather related things can make this in some respects much harder than catching a rocket on a rocking drone ship.
But hey, they’ve done it once already!

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Not sure why this stuff bothers me, but it does anyway.
A SpaceX rocket lost its nose cone during an otherwise successful launch in Florida
I emailed the B I author pointing out her total focus on an experimental fairing recovery, while perhaps purposefully failing to acknowledge another spectacular booster landing on a rocking drone ship in the Atlantic.

I'm aware that Tesla and SpaceX often gets bashed by the media and it's suspected that Elon's lack of advertising can be a contributing factor. Mixed feelings, but sometimes I think it might be worth calling them out on their click bait articles.

Reactions: e-FTW and Cosmacelf
Pretty sure BI is now a full-on content farm with minimal staff and lots of auto-generated content. Maybe even some tasks by Mechanical Turk.

Meanwhile in the real world, this was the first attempt at catching both fairing halves!

Alternative headlines to bring us back to happy:
SpaceX narrowly misses historic dual-fairing catch
SpaceX one small step closer to 100% reusable space rockets
SpaceX, bored with landing rockets attempts to catch both halves of fairing on 19th ISS re-supply mission” [Ed: too long! Cut that kid!]

Reactions: Solarguy and ICUDoc