Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Starlink 4 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Grendal

SpaceX Moderator
Jan 31, 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Launch Date: February 17
Launch Window: 10:04 AM EST, 7:04 AM PST, 1504 UTC
Launch site: SLC-40
Core Booster Recovery: ASDS
Booster: B1056.4
Fairings: Maybe reused - nothing from SpaceX yet.
Mass: 60 satellites at 260 kg each - 15,600 kg (34,500 lbs)
Orbit: LEO

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket is expected to launch the fifth batch of approximately 60 satellites for SpaceX’s Starlink broadband network, a mission designated Starlink 4.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: e-FTW
Weather is 60% go for Saturday and 90% go for Sunday.
85124618_3171190342909656_3419300365735034880_o.jpg

• Informative
Ouch. Getting to landing #50 a bit elusive. Looked like significant ocean spray was kicked up just to the right of the video feed. Apparently a soft landing occurred next to the drone ship, perhaps still in one piece. Let's hope they can capture one or both of the fairings. Around the T+7:00 min. mark there was a call out for fairing vessel aquisition of signal (AOS).

First stage did not land successfully..

Space is hard. :(

They commented that the first stage soft-landed in the water next to the recovery vessel. The landing video feed from OCISLY seemed to show some mist or smoke from the right side of the frame, and then water droplets on the camera lens.

Also on the Webcast they talked a couple times about the different (elliptical) orbit and shorter time to satellite deployment. I didn't get the reasoning? (If they gave any.)

Bruce.

That was a quick deployment and unfortunate near-landing of Stage 1 near the drone ship. Reminder to viewers how difficult achieving a perfect launch is. We’ve been so lucky to see so many perfect ones. I knew when we started to see the fumes to the right of the drone ship and the water droplets on the camera lens that was going to be it for today. Glad deployment went well.

105D9881-5975-48F7-BBB0-76F490B55A1D.png

close but no cigar this time around

Wait a minute...I watched the livestream and saw the booster land on target. What are you guys talking about? The webcast host stated the booster landing was successful.

Am I in the wrong thread? Can’t be based on the date/time of your posts.

After the booster anding the host said the sat deploy would be at about 45 minutes post launch. I stepped away for about 15 minutes to do other stuff, now watching the webcast showing the usual animation. It’s T+35 minutes. But the SpaceXNow app states the sats were deployed already.

Wait a minute...I watched the livestream and saw the booster land on target. What are you guys talking about? The webcast host stated the booster landing was successful.

Am I in the wrong thread? Can’t be based on the date/time of your posts.
Despite good weather, it was a miss, maybe a GPS coordinate error? Heck, SpaceX's cup is still half-full. They've successfully landed their boosters 49 times more that anyone else launching orbital missions!