Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Starlink 5 - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the booster was able to make a somewhat controlled water landing perhaps it will be intact enough to be towed back to port for inspection. But if it made a hard landing at speed, than probably not.

I'm pretty sure it burned up. There was no landing burn startup announced at all. So I expect the booster broke up sometime after the entry burn completed and the video cut out.

I'm pretty sure it burned up. There was no landing burn startup announced at all. So I expect the booster broke up sometime after the entry burn completed and the video cut out.
You are probably right. I was just trying to hold out hope that SpaceX could recover the problem engine and take a look.

It would have been great to have seen the video feed from the booster right up to the RUD. I bet SpaceX has it.

Reactions: e-FTW and Grendal
I am imagining a bend in a pipe that leads to that sensor?

I asked my friend Ian Google and he said "Dead Legs are areas of a piping system that rarely see flow, yet are still exposed to process, even if not explicitly cut off."

So, there was a dead leg with a sensor that had probably been cleaned, but then still had some residue, maybe because it didn't flush properly.

Reactions: Grendal