TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SpaceX F9 - Starlink V1.0-L20 - SLC-40

Discussion in 'SpaceX' started by Grendal, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Grendal

Grendal SpaceX Moderator

#1 Grendal, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021 at 1:06 PM
    Launch Date: March 7
    Launch Window: 10:41 p.m. EST on 7th (0341 GMT on 8th)
    Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida
    Core Booster Recovery: ASDS
    Booster: B1058-6
    Fairings: TBD
    Mass: 60 satellites at 260 kg each - 15,600 kg (34,500 lbs)
    Orbit: LEO

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the 21st batch of approximately 60 satellites for SpaceX’s Starlink broadband network, a mission designated Starlink V1.0-L20.

• Helpful x 1
  2. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Active Member

How did you get this information? Any link?

• Like x 1
  3. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

Can we talk about SpaceX's version of "the machine that makes the machine", for a moment?

They are churning out satellites at a prodigious rate!

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  4. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Nothing about any of Elon's companies surprise me anymore though. I don't know if you've noticed, but Elon has a habit of firing people until he finds someone who can match his expectations. Starlink manufacturing in Seattle went through that, where he fired the head or one of the key people. It was soon after he installed a new person that things started cranking there. Same thing for head of Tesla China. He fired the woman that was running it (I believe she juiced her sales by selling to third party dealers who then resold at inflated prices, or tried to), and replaced her with the guy who had been building out the Supercharger network at a phenomenal rate. He basically got promoted from building out the Supercharger network to running Tesla China. Obviously it has been working.

• Like x 2
  5. Grendal

Grendal SpaceX Moderator

I get launch info from SpaceX (not official) Facebook group, SpaceflightNow launch schedule, and the wiki on Falcon 9 and FH launches. There are apps you can download but I've seen too many people get bad info from them. Between those three I posted, I can filter through and get enough proper information that I bring here.

Launch Schedule – Spaceflight Now
    List of Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launches - Wikipedia

PS: latest launch information is updated.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  6. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Well-Known Member

I find it kinda interesting that one of the fastest updating sites for major events is wikipedia. Someone will die, and five minutes later, their bio is updated. When B1059 bit the dust, wikipedia got updated within minutes. OK, it was updated wrong (they mixed up B1049 and B1059), but at least it was updated :)

Edit: And I mixed up B1049 and B1059 originally in my post. :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1