Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Starlink V1.0-L20 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Grendal

SpaceX Moderator
Jan 31, 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Launch Date: March 11
Launch Window: 3:13 a.m. EST
Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida
Core Booster Recovery: ASDS - JRTI
Booster: B1058-6
Fairings: TBD
Mass: 60 satellites at 260 kg each - 15,600 kg (34,500 lbs)
Orbit: LEO

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the 21st batch of approximately 60 satellites for SpaceX’s Starlink broadband network, a mission designated Starlink V1.0-L20.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Launch Date: February 25
Launch Window: TBD
Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida
Core Booster Recovery: ASDS
Booster: B1058-6
Fairings: TBD
Mass: 60 satellites at 260 kg each - 15,600 kg (34,500 lbs)
Orbit: LEO

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the 21st batch of approximately 60 satellites for SpaceX’s Starlink broadband network, a mission designated Starlink V1.0-L20.

Can we talk about SpaceX's version of "the machine that makes the machine", for a moment?

They are churning out satellites at a prodigious rate!

Can we talk about SpaceX's version of "the machine that makes the machine", for a moment?

They are churning out satellites at a prodigious rate!

Absolutely! Nothing about any of Elon's companies surprise me anymore though. I don't know if you've noticed, but Elon has a habit of firing people until he finds someone who can match his expectations. Starlink manufacturing in Seattle went through that, where he fired the head or one of the key people. It was soon after he installed a new person that things started cranking there. Same thing for head of Tesla China. He fired the woman that was running it (I believe she juiced her sales by selling to third party dealers who then resold at inflated prices, or tried to), and replaced her with the guy who had been building out the Supercharger network at a phenomenal rate. He basically got promoted from building out the Supercharger network to running Tesla China. Obviously it has been working.

How did you get this information? Any link?

I get launch info from SpaceX (not official) Facebook group, SpaceflightNow launch schedule, and the wiki on Falcon 9 and FH launches. There are apps you can download but I've seen too many people get bad info from them. Between those three I posted, I can filter through and get enough proper information that I bring here.

Launch Schedule – Spaceflight Now
List of Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launches - Wikipedia

PS: latest launch information is updated.

I get launch info from SpaceX (not official) Facebook group, SpaceflightNow launch schedule, and the wiki on Falcon 9 and FH launches. There are apps you can download but I've seen too many people get bad info from them. Between those three I posted, I can filter through and get enough proper information that I bring here.

Launch Schedule – Spaceflight Now
List of Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launches - Wikipedia

I find it kinda interesting that one of the fastest updating sites for major events is wikipedia. Someone will die, and five minutes later, their bio is updated. When B1059 bit the dust, wikipedia got updated within minutes. OK, it was updated wrong (they mixed up B1049 and B1059), but at least it was updated :)

Edit: And I mixed up B1049 and B1059 originally in my post. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW and Grendal
Launch Date: March 8/9
Launch Window: 10:20 p.m. EST on 8th (0320 GMT on 8th)

Presumably this should be 0320 GMT on the 9th. Not that I will be watching this one live (being in the UK) :)

Thanks for all the great work you do keeping these launch times updated.

Weather is very good.
1615430545024.png

• Love
Reactions: e-FTW
So it looks like it was only Starlink-17 that couldn't give us first stage video feed. We were back to video feed on this launch. So probably a small malfunction of some subsystem that SpaceX didn't think was worth fixing for Starlink-17.

Reactions: Grendal