Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Starlink V1.0-L27 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Grendal

SpaceX Moderator
Jan 31, 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Launch Date: May 9
Launch Window: 2:42 AM EDT or 0642 UTC (11:42 PM May 8 PDT)
Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida, USA
Core Booster Recovery: ASDS - JRTI
Booster: B1051-10
Fairings: Reused from GPS III
Mass: 60 satellites at 260 kg each - 15,600 kg (34,500 lbs)
Orbit: LEO

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the 27th batch of approximately 60 satellites for SpaceX’s Starlink broadband network, a mission designated Starlink V1.0-L27.

Last edited:
Well heck - if the May 9 date and expected booster are correct, then I'm off by 23 days and @e-FTW is off by 5 days. I'll need a slip of about 10 days to move back into the lead.

When was the last time that a Starlink launch slipped 10+ days?

I'm not liking my odds.
Yeah. I've got a second confirmation this will be B1051 from EA's website.

That said, SpaceX has labelled this as the 27th Starlink mission internally. The 26th batch will launch after this one.

Thread headline has been changed and updated with known information.

Reactions: e-FTW
80% favorable weather.

Attachments

• 1620344080583.png
    1620344080583.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • Informative
Reactions: scaesare
Congrats to SpaceX for capturing a tenbagger! Does Elon now want to crank it up to 11?
An orbital Starship contest might heighten interest during the gap between suborbital testing and reaching orbit. Perhaps include winning contingent on a successful landing.

Congrats to SpaceX for capturing a tenbagger! Does Elon now want to crank it up to 11?

Nice. That'll be Elon's tweet when that mission is announced...

An orbital Starship contest might heighten interest during the gap between suborbital testing and reaching orbit. Perhaps include winning contingent on a successful landing.

And the contest negotiations have begun. I'll start a new thread about the next bet!

Reactions: Nikxice