Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Transport Layer, Tranche 0, Flight 1 - SLC-4E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Launch Date: April 2
Launch Window: 7:29am PDT (10:129am EDT, 14:29 UTC) - 1hr 54min window
Launch site: SLC-4E, Vandenberg Space Force Base, California
Core Booster Recovery: RTLS - LZ-4
Booster: B1075.2
Fairings: Reused
Mass: 10 Tranche satellites - 5 tonnes?
Orbit: LEO
Yearly Launch Number: 22

First launch of SDA Transport and Tracking Layer satellites. The Transport layer is an interoperable mesh network of satellites intended to provide periodic low-latency and high-capacity data connectivity, while the Tracking Layer consists of interconnected satellites with cross-links and wide field of view infrared sensors for hypersonic missile tracking.

1679686456069.jpeg

Last edited:
Jesse said on the webcast:

Which meant not even a view from that stage of the RVac igniting. Because, you know, that’s top secret stuff! ;)
Well you could see it from the first stage's interstage camera when it lit. but yeah, I can't imagine what they would be hiding - it's not like the trajectory isn't known for the 2nd stage, I get not showing the satellites, but not showing the 2nd stage nozzle is simply silly.

Reactions: Grendal
Well you could see it from the first stage's interstage camera when it lit. but yeah, I can't imagine what they would be hiding - it's not like the trajectory isn't known for the 2nd stage, I get not showing the satellites, but not showing the 2nd stage nozzle is simply silly.
Does it matter? We’ve seen it lots of times. SpaceX is just going above and beyond for their customer so everyone feels comfortable and there couldn’t be any mistakes. It is easy enough to press the wrong button when doing a live video production, so best to eliminate that possibility.