Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Transporter 3 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good point. The rockets are rolled horizontally and then lifted vertical in many cases. So the payload and the adapter should be designed to handle that.

Yep, and basically every satellite goes horizontal at some point during their ground phase (integration and test). Big satellites actually spend most of their lives horizontal, mostly because access is easier.

How do you know these level of details?

I wouldn't be good at my job if I didn't. :cool:

(I've been, under various hats, conceptualizing/designing/building/testing/managing/launching sats--mostly big ones, though more recently mega constellations--for 20+ years)

Yep, and basically every satellite goes horizontal at some point during their ground phase (integration and test). Big satellites actually spend most of their lives horizontal, mostly because access is easier.

I wouldn't be good at my job if I didn't. :cool:

(I've been, under various hats, conceptualizing/designing/building/testing/managing/launching sats--mostly big ones, though more recently mega constellations--for 20+ years)
Wow !! The knowledgebase in TMC is astounding.

Reactions: Grendal
Love it. LOVE IT. While we have seen many cool videos from landing burn to touch down, this one neatly captures MECO, separation, flip maneuver, boost back, attitude change back to vertical near apogee in a clean continuous video with no loss of sight or signal. Kudos

Reactions: ICUDoc