Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9v1.1 Launch: AsiaSat 6 - September 7, 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would go ahead and start the thread for this one. According to the calendar on SpaceX's website the next launch is targeted for 26 Aug 2014 05:06:00 UTC (01:05:00 EDT). Looks like another night launch.

Upcoming Launches | SpaceX Stats

AsiaSat 6 is a communications satellite being launched for Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Ltd. Once in orbit, it will be renamed AsiaSat 6 / Thaicom 7.

To clarify that is Aug 27th at 12:50 AM EST. If the mods could update the thread title it would be appreciated!

Got it, thanks!

Also, when SpaceX publishes their live-streaming YouTube feed like they have in the past, then a new "Video:" thread will show up in the SpaceX section here with that stream/video embedded. (Thanks to doug for that bit of magic.)

-----

And like magic, the thread appears!
Video: AsiaSat 6 | Falcon 9 Launch

Last edited:
Got it, thanks!

Also, when SpaceX publishes their live-streaming YouTube feed like they have in the past, then a new "Video:" thread will show up in the SpaceX section here with that stream/video embedded. (Thanks to doug for that bit of magic.)

-----

And like magic, the thread appears!
Video: AsiaSat 6 | Falcon 9 Launch

SO THATS HOW HE ALWAYS BEATS US!!!

*slaps face* Here I thought doug was just always on the ball with this haha!

I must say though that I almost wish after it makes the separate thread that you guys could merge it all into one to keep the entire launch discussion contained under one thread. Especially when it is a particularly interesting launch that generates more than normal activity... it gets harder to track the same discussion across 2 or 3 threads and I feel like there is a lot of repeated information.

I like that the videos are posted, for sure! So don't think I am hating on it happening, and I also realize that it is not likely possible to have the script/program add it to an existing thread, so it would have to be merged manually, but it was just something that has been gnawing at me.

SO THATS HOW HE ALWAYS BEATS US!!!

*slaps face* Here I thought doug was just always on the ball with this haha!

I must say though that I almost wish after it makes the separate thread that you guys could merge it all into one to keep the entire launch discussion contained under one thread. Especially when it is a particularly interesting launch that generates more than normal activity... it gets harder to track the same discussion across 2 or 3 threads and I feel like there is a lot of repeated information.

I like that the videos are posted, for sure! So don't think I am hating on it happening, and I also realize that it is not likely possible to have the script/program add it to an existing thread, so it would have to be merged manually, but it was just something that has been gnawing at me.

If others concur (about wanting a single thread per launch), I can merge the video-thread into the main launch thread after it's created. Could go back and do that to the last few launches as well if desired. Anyone else please speak up for/against this.

-----

I'm also seeing references to the launch being scrubbed. Updated the thread title to "September TBD" until we get a new launch date...

Article with a chronological summary of initial pad rollout last week, retraction after the F9R dev-1 McGregor incident to triple-check for any fault or fault family commonalities between the vehicles, specifics on the differences between the two vehicles/pads and why a similar fault would not threaten this launch (more sensors, more engines, hold-down clamps for static fire and pre-launch, etc.) and info on the rescheduled Sunday early AM launch date: SpaceX Falcon 9 realigns for weekend launch of ASIASAT-6 | NASASpaceFlight.com

Last edited: