Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Falcon 9 FT - Formosat 5 - SLC-4E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Goodie I got
20170825_232831.jpg

I noticed while I was watching the webcast that the second stage changed its azimuth (??) near the end of the burn. You could see the horizon changing on one of the camera angles. I assumed at the time that with the single burn that they were already near the altitude they needed but needed some more velocity. I did not check to see if the rate of altitude increase was reduced at that point because I was more interested in the landing.

Wow -- good catch! Between around 6:40 and 8:45 the second stage performs a large attitude change. The earth goes from filling the field of view to completely disappeared. Before this point, the vertical speed is a very consistent 2 km/s. By about 8:19 in this new attitude the vertical speed has slowed noticeably, and by 9:00 it's close to zero.

Nice. OK, want to share how you got them? Gift shop?

I love the little gold satellite off to the side on the NSPO cap.

The TShirt/Hat/Container are from when I checked in with SpaceX. The Satellite and NSPO hat is from Taipei Economic Culture Office (Taiwan does not have official diplomatic relationship with the US, hence the Taipei Economic Culture Office BS)

They have it for sale SpaceX Home Page

Reactions: SMAlset