Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Falcon 9 FT launch - CRS 8 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well done to all at Space X, the first stage landing looked really good even with the rolling vessel.

I wonder what accuracy they expected on the first stage landing and what they will do to reduce the risk of future misses.

ocisly2.jpg
osicly.jpg

Amazing, incredible, awesome, can't think of a word that describes this goal completed.

I don't have the intellect to fathom how truly hard this rocket science is, but to be alive to witness it is great!

Land a used (large) rocket part on a relatively small object that's moving in the ocean? Wow.

The incoming angle + the landing + the size of the waves - that was a true feat of engineering.

If this rocket is technically operational, could they just refill and send it to space without any precious cargo to test the reusability?

The incoming angle + the landing + the size of the waves - that was a true feat of engineering.

If this rocket is technically operational, could they just refill and send it to space without any precious cargo to test the reusability?
There is a satellite operator who has already volunteered to be the first to re-use a first stage. I'm assuming they want a significant discount to take on that risk though...

Reactions: Krugerrand