Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Falcon 9 FT launch - SES 9 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They claim the rocket and payload are healthy so I am gonna say it was either weather related(either at the launch site or at the drone ship) or another issue with the supercooled LOX.

I don't think an issue with the drone ship would cause a delay. SpaceX would have just launched and let the booster go. It is only an outside possibility for recovery anyway. I'd bet it was just a straight weather issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if we will ever get to a point where weather will not be a limiting factor for launches...

Doubtful. Rockets are sensitive things.

I was there last night just 3.4 miles from the launch site.... Now I am sitting at the airport to return home... oh well, at least I will get to see the webcast. Maybe someday I will get to see one in person :smile:.

Peace,
Father Bill

Here is a picture from the LC-39 Launch Observation Gantry

FN6qgWe.jpg

Last edited:
There is a statement on website that webcast is scheduled to go live 20min prior to launch, so in 20min approx. it might start, if it is still a go.

I'm not as lucky as some here, watching on my phone but very happy to watch anyway

They've passed go, no go. Everything is a go.

They are going through a list of the upgrades that have been done. There are quite a few. A lot of it to do with speed of the super-cooled fuel getting into and out of the rocket.

Boo. Holding a 1:41.

And scrubbed for the day.... :(

Last edited:
Is it bad that an abort is the expectation? I'm always shocked when they actually launch.

I hope that changes some day.

I kind of wish someone would host of site of rocket launches, and just post information and recording after a launch actually happens. Then you could just visit the site occasionally and watch actual launches, as opposed to how it is now, where you watch abort after abort after abort after abort and maybe every 10th time something actually launches.

Problems with loading the superchilled LOX.

Is it bad that an abort is the expectation? I'm always shocked when they actually launch.

I hope that changes some day.

I kind of wish someone would host of site of rocket launches, and just post information and recording after a launch actually happens. Then you could just visit the site occasionally and watch actual launches, as opposed to how it is now, where you watch abort after abort after abort after abort and maybe every 10th time something actually launches.

Nobody is forcing you to watch the live streams. Subscribe to their YouTube channel as they are posted there after the mission ends. And "maybe every 10th time" is quite the exaggeration.

Last edited: