Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Falcon 9 FT launch - SES 9 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.png

TFR just popped up for tomorrow, March 1, 1812-2059 eastern. Of course it doesn't say who for but no other launches are scheduled that I know of.

mission webcast is running but with just a placeholder video and no real information. the last blog post was 3 hours ago indicating a 6:35 eastern launch time. That is only 10 min away, I'm assuming that there is some sort of delay, but cant tell.

OK, just after I posed the video switched to live.

Liftoff!
and stage separation, stage 2 is on its way to geosynchronous transfer orbit, stage 1 headed back down to try (tough) barge landing
...saw a few frames of stage 1 exhaust approaching the barge, looked offset but then feed lost, we shall see.
Stage 2 first burn complete.

Last edited:
Liftoff!
and stage separation, stage 2 is on its way to geosynchronous transfer orbit, stage 1 headed back down to try (tough) barge landing
...saw a few frames of stage 1 exhaust approaching the barge, looked offset but then feed lost, we shall see.
Stage 2 first burn complete.

I noticed the offset also. Not feeling especially confident about this landing. My guess is it came down with extra speed and that speed degraded some accuracy.