Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX FUD: true or false

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Blue Origin New Shepard survived a similar test and still continued it's ascent after the crew capsule ejected.

Thanks for reminding us of that. I'm sure there is a difference between an orbital class booster and the New Shepard but that capsule boosted off the New Shepard booster with a lot of energy. The fact the New Shepard booster survived that situation is a testament to Blue Origin's people and equipment. It will be impressive if a F9 survives their test and I am not counting on it at all. If SpaceX ends up using a Block 5 booster for their test then I expect that they expect it to survive.

Thanks for reminding us of that. I'm sure there is a difference between an orbital class booster and the New Shepard but that capsule boosted off the New Shepard booster with a lot of energy. The fact the New Shepard booster survived that situation is a testament to Blue Origin's people and equipment. It will be impressive if a F9 survives their test and I am not counting on it at all. If SpaceX ends up using a Block 5 booster for their test then I expect that they expect it to survive.

The difference between Orbital and Sub-Orbital is less than you think if you are talking about a MAX-Q orbit test. It has been speculated before that the 3-engine F9R Dev2 rocket would be used for the in-flight abort test since a full F9 rocket wouldn't be needed. However that older rocket is probably no longer compatible with GSE and a Block 5 booster will be used instead.

Reactions: Grendal