Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX investor's thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I joined First Principles Group as a qualified purchaser but I was also not notified of any opportunity. I know their allocation was very small so I'm assuming they filtered by qualified purchasers, and then did another filter on top of that, perhaps either included only people they knew well, or filtered by people willing to invest X dollar amount.
same here. not notified

I joined First Principles Group as a qualified purchaser but I was also not notified of any opportunity. I know their allocation was very small so I'm assuming they filtered by qualified purchasers, and then did another filter on top of that, perhaps either included only people they knew well, or filtered by people willing to invest X dollar amount.
I was notified, but I told them I wasn't interested after hearing the terms. I never heard anything about whether they eventually got an allocation.

Since missing out on the First Principles Group purchase opportunity (which closed end of September I believe) TSLA is up like 60%...so I don't feel to bad about missing out on that opportunity.

Since missing out on Forge Global's latest opportunity, TSLA is up like 70%, so I don't feel too bad missing out on that opportunity either.

I'd still like to get into SpaceX at some point, but ever since Tesla announced it was getting into robotics, I think TSLA is going to have a lot more upside in the near term than SpaceX.

Since missing out on the First Principles Group purchase opportunity (which closed end of September I believe) TSLA is up like 60%...so I don't feel to bad about missing out on that opportunity.

Since missing out on Forge Global's latest opportunity, TSLA is up like 70%, so I don't feel too bad missing out on that opportunity either.

I'd still like to get into SpaceX at some point, but ever since Tesla announced it was getting into robotics, I think TSLA is going to have a lot more upside in the near term than SpaceX.
You are correct.

I expect SpaceX to be a trillion dollar company in 2030.

I have no idea what TSLA will be, but it will be a lot more than that.

Reactions: UkNorthampton

Thats the fundamental reason why I stopped pursuing a SpaceX investment (Others being illiquid and funky investment vehicles). SpaceX is already richly valued even taking into account the eventual Starlink spin out. There‘s a limit to how much more it can grow.

Btw, the fact that there is a common big risk factor between SpaceX and Tesla (Elon’s continued health) was also a reason.

Any SpaceX shareholders on this forum? Let's discuss our investments in SpaceX here. Share price in the secondary private equity market is around $560 now. I want to buy a little bit more. Anyone in private equity industry?

Any SpaceX shareholders on this forum? Let's discuss our investments in SpaceX here. Share price in the secondary private equity market is around $560 now. I want to buy a little bit more. Anyone in private equity industry?
I am. I bought in through Sharespost (now Forge) in April 2020 at $220/share, though not looking to sell.

Reactions: petit_bateau

Thats … odd for a private company to do. Price per share is around $560 currently. But given that private market transactions are in large dollar amounts, there is no reason to split the shares. Other than an impending IPO or spin off? And it seems too early for either.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Thats … odd for a private company to do. Price per share is around $560 currently. But given that private market transactions are in large dollar amounts, there is no reason to split the shares. Other than an impending IPO or spin off? And it seems too early for either.
For years I worked for a large, private US transportation company that split shares of stock many times over decades. Ironically, since going public 20 plus years ago, we haven't seen any splits....Once private Google and Facebook are a couple other recent companies that split before going public.

• Informative
Reactions: EVCollies

Have you guys noticed Elon's latest comments about the new Tesla master plan? He specifically mentioned that SpaceX and Boring would be included in some way.

Makes me wonder if he is really considering the company X holding company deal. If so I'll have to figure out if I want to root for Tesla to buy SpaceX at a higher or lower price, depending on which investment would be helped more. ;)

I'm getting calls from Forge about a SpaceX opportunity. If they can figure out if I can do it through an IRA (Alto IRA) I could go in.

Terms are weird. SPV, one time 5% fee and high valuation (I think he said 180 billion). I haven't been paying attention to what SpaceX is currently valued at.

I was chatting with a Russian American friend and he pointed out that Russians would have to sell their SpaceX investments and this may that effect.

I would so love to take advantage of some Russian oligarchs!

• Informative
Reactions: abasile