Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Launch/Satellite Contracts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While not explicitly a launch contract, its a curious partnership indeed.
SpaceX to acquire Swarm Technologies - SpaceNews

TLDR, Swarm is IOT in VHF.

Speculation in the article is that SpaceX may be interested in Swarm's technology/staff. I guess there's precedent for ElonCo and acquisitions, but I'm not sure the math checks out in this scenario. ...But flip side, what could SpaceX possibly do with a few MHz of VHF?

• Informative
Reactions: EVCollies
It's a launch. I'll put the post here and in the tourism thread:
1632534049461.png

Reactions: mongo and SwTslaGrl

• Informative
Reactions: scaesare
OT: ISS is always referred to as a 'micro gravity' environment. Does that mean an object floating inside the station left undisturbed will slowly settle down towards the earth side after a few days?

No, it refers to what seems to be a very low gravity environment because everything appears weightless. In reality actual ‘gravity’ on the ISS is almost the same as on earth (on the moon it’s way lower), it’s just that in orbit everything is moving lock-step fast enough to ~exactly offset the intuitive ‘apple comes back down’ element of gravity that we know and love here on the surface of the earth.

• Informative
Reactions: Electroman

For better or worse, that seems more of a ‘better find a date to the prom’ than anything. The Cosmo mission really wants to be a constellation and the clock is ticking since the first sat is already operational.

I’d guess in the future euro missions will still [quite understandably] look to use euro rockets.

Also, there’s a non-zero chance this launches on the top of a polar Starlink stack, though it might just be the prime on an SSO transporter mission.

Last edited:
Yikes!!!
;)

Reactions: mongo and SwTslaGrl