Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Launch/Satellite Contracts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have any news about hauling a repair unit for water recycling up to space station?

No. I just checked and I couldn't find any articles saying there is a problem. Is there a problem? If it is necessary then I'm sure they would send one up on whatever next resupply mission was happening. There are 4 or 5 different countries supporting the ISS for supplies. SpaceX is only one of the many. They are still the best though :).

Another one is lost due to delays:

A Message from Spaceflight President Curt Blake on the FormaSat-5/SHERPA launch - Spaceflight

That is a Vandenberg launch. It was scheduled for sometime this year and the entire launch is not lost. It's a secondary payload which is probably the Sherpa secondary payload. So someone else on the manifest will likely get moved up.

Edit: It seems that it might not fall on SpaceX. There are a number of the secondary payload cubesats aren't exactly ready. Rather than hold up the launch when it eventually happens they are scrambling to find alternative payloads to fill the empty slots.

Last edited:
ULA is having a series of layoffs. Hopefully that means they are streamlining and adjusting their business to better compete. I hope they are successful. America can use more than one major launch company. BO might step into those shoes but New Glenn is much larger than average and wouldn't cover the average satellite launch. Vulcan might be able to do that well. Its engine recovery system is unlikely to work but having a backup launch company is just smart. It will keep SpaceX on its toes too.

Here's the news article I couldn't link earlier:
SpaceX wins its second GPS 3 launch contract - SpaceNews.com

Last edited:
And even more satellites joining:

Global-IP Announces the Selection of SpaceX to Launch its 150 Gbps GiSAT-1

"Global-IP Cayman, the innovative satellite communications company with the mission to bring cost-effective Internet and related value-added services to Sub-Saharan Africa, announced today it has signed a launch services agreement with Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (“SpaceX”) for its first communication satellite GiSAT-1. GiSAT-1 is a High-Throughput Satellite (“HTS”) with 150 Gbps of capacity, currently under construction by The Boeing Company."

So a six ton GTO launch for late 2018:
GiSAT-1 - Wikipedia