Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Lego?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT: Elon needs to let Lego make SpaceX sets, especially a Falcon 9 set. My son is going to want to re-enact this over and over.

Something tells me it is not entirely exclusively your son's wish... :wink:

Besides, is he not too young to play lego - 1 year+ if I am not completely off base?

C'mon, Dad, tell us the truth...

Last edited:
0ef45e7bb8e97c36ef3122aebe59b3c0.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Red5StandingBy
Something tells me it is not entirely exclusively your son's wish... :wink:

Besides, is he not too young to play lego - 1 year+ if I am not completely off base?

C'mon, Dad, tell us the truth...

You...you caught me. :wink: But he's actually going to be 6 in March -- he actually asked for space-themed Legos this year!

I just overpaid for this 2011 lego set on eBay, whose price has interestingly shot up dramatically since the Falcon 9 launch :).

So, not Lego but a paper model that I built with my oldest son (I did most of it admittedly, he's only 5 1/2 years old). It's the one I linked up thread. Pretty nice little project. Now it hangs over his bed. He calls it the SpaceX 9.

4e0237f3853231f912b0efb5aabfceaf.jpg

2fa38d1dc1f189a314369f76ce81f1f2.jpg

e6c913ba87531302dea613c2dcc64ea9.jpg

(We didn't go for super accuracy since he didn't have the patience but it turned out nicely anyway).

Happy new year all!

• Love
Reactions: nwdiver
I wouldn't mind a nice F9 model. I'd buy one and build it. I built over a hundred plastic models when I was a kid. The only model I could find is the official rocket and some crazy expensive one. I'd just want a Revel or some other plastic model kit. F9 v1.1 or v1.2 with Dragon or fairing. I'd really love one of this most recent rocket that was the first to land a booster. For any of them, I'd dust off my old skills and breathe in the toxic glue fumes.

So, not Lego but a paper model that I built with my oldest son (I did most of it admittedly, he's only 5 1/2 years old). It's the one I linked up thread. Pretty nice little project. Now it hangs over his bed. He calls it the SpaceX 9.

(We didn't go for super accuracy since he didn't have the patience but it turned out nicely anyway).

Happy new year all!

Awesome, Johan!

My son and I are going to build our Pseudo-SpaceX Lego this weekend. Did I pay too much for it? Well...maybe. :)

3368-1.jpg