Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX logo position

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M3noob

Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2019
Beyond the pale
In recognition of the ride in a Tesla MX that two US astronauts will take on their way to their ride in a Falcon9 Dragon for the Demo 2 flight to the International Space Station, I got a chrome SpaceX logo for my 3.

Should I put it over the Dual Motor logo or on the opposide side of the boot lid?

Shown is the template for accurately positioning the individual letters...

What say ye?

IMAG1579.jpg
IMAG1578.jpg

I'd remove the "dual motor" badge then place SpaceX there, more eye-catching in a cool way, otherwise a bit too many texts o_O

Ace suggestion! I'm doing it. Picture tomorrow. Also updating my number plates :)

By the way, if you'd like a flying model rocket of a Falcon 9 Dragon 2, Model Rocket Shop is ready for all Tesla and SpaceX fanboys :)

IMAG1581.jpg

That looks the dogs!

can I ask where you got the badge!

Bought it from Amazon US from a Chinese outfit called BMZX. It took a very long time to arrive... lots longer than the shipping estimate given at the time of order. Covid bollux undoubtedly.

It was a bit fiddly to install. Took off the Dual Motor logo with some Kevlar thread I had on hand. Residual goo removed with methylated spirits. Care necessary when mounting each individual letter. The adhesive on the back takes no prisoners so you have one point zero chances to get it right.

Reactions: Gatsojon and Jez_GB
Bought it from Amazon US from a Chinese outfit called BMZX. It took a very long time to arrive... lots longer than the shipping estimate given at the time of order. Covid bollux undoubtedly.

It was a bit fiddly to install. Took off the Dual Motor logo with some Kevlar thread I had on hand. Residual goo removed with methylated spirits. Care necessary when mounting each individual letter. The adhesive on the back takes no prisoners so you have one point zero chances to get it right.
As handy as usual, it turns out better than I imagined!
I want one on my M3, also in the webshop! Will ask the supplier tomorrow...

Reactions: M3noob
Voila! I don't need anyone else to know I have Dual Motor but maybe someone needs to know I'm a SpaceX Cadet.

To infinity and beyond? Nah. Low Earth orbit is good enough for today :)

SpaceX Falcon 9 Dragon 2 with Bob and Doug launch in about an hour or so... Godspeed
Voila! I don't need anyone else to know I have Dual Motor but maybe someone needs to know I'm a SpaceX Cadet.

To infinity and beyond? Nah. Low Earth orbit is good enough for today :)

SpaceX Falcon 9 Dragon 2 with Bob and Doug launch in about an hour or so... Godspeed
that looks great, you've done a fab job!

Reactions: M3noob