Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX on "Space Policy" & discussion of Elon's speech

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does Musk use the term "space-bearing"? Not to be picky, but is that even a term? Also, "bearing" is pretty negative in its connotation "The ability to tolerate something bad or to be tolerated" is one definition. The normal term is "space-faring." What am I missing?

Why does Musk use the term "space-bearing"? Not to be picky, but is that even a term? Also, "bearing" is pretty negative in its connotation "The ability to tolerate something bad or to be tolerated" is one definition. The normal term is "space-faring." What am I missing?

You didn't give a context. Where and when did Elon use the term space-bearing?

You don't give a context or explain where you heard Musk use that term, but I'm wondering if you misheard him and he actually said "space-faring"?

If he said "space bearing" I have no idea what he meant.

Okay. Now I understand what has happened. It's an incorrect interpretation of what Elon said. Here is the video of the presentation:

Elon said "space faring," not "space bearing" and the Professor that wrote the paper simply misunderstood what Elon said.

I suggest to a moderator to move this part of the thread to somewhere different under the heading of "Interpreting Elon."

Last edited:
Reactions: Grendal