Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Photos and Art Pieces

Nikxice

Oct 31, 2014
Hudson, NH
Since this rocket display could be considered a work of art, I'm posting it here. SpaceX has donated a Falcon 9 booster to the visitor center at NASA's Space Center Houston. Nearby is NASA's 747 Shuttle Carrier/mock shuttle. Core 1035, flown on CRS-11 and CRS-13, will become a permanent resident of Houston by the summer of 2019. Note in this artist concept video there's a cool walkway under the rocket in the shape of the SpaceX logo. Also, legs up, grid fins deployed. Sometime next year NASA wants to mount it vertically. Requesting some real pics when this goes live!

• Informative
Reactions: Electroman

ecarfan

Sep 21, 2013
San Mateo, CA
Wow. That is a stunning video. Thanks for posting.

At one point this sequence reminded me of the Hubble “stellar nursery” images.

88F1EC3B-8B86-435D-AEDA-C507F5957EAC.png

2FB3CE17-1A06-4DF6-8ED3-C87E3A94FAE8.jpeg

Nikxice

Oct 31, 2014
Hudson, NH
7/20/19. Happy 50th! Celebrating Apollo 11 landing on the Moon. In another era NASA and thousands of 1960's Space contract workers combined to bring us an unforgettable time, especially this day in 1969. SpaceX holds the promise of what might lie ahead during the next 50 years. Artistically interpreted in this one minute video animation.
Initial - One giant leap for mankind

Nikxice

Oct 31, 2014
Hudson, NH
Elon has released a couple of new photos on his Twitter account. Apparently shot somewhere on the desert planet Tatooine, this perspective appears to be from inside a hangar on the grounds of a Droid Junkyard.
Tatooine.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: adiggs

EchoDelta

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2012
RootedNW.org, Seattle, Planet Earth
This is a nice slow motion art piece of SpaceX launches,
Loved the video visuals and quotes, but it was a bit unnerving and unsettling to have it playing the Koyaanisqatsi hymn - it was famously used in the movie with the slow motion sequences with pieces of challenger falling down. Check out the movie of the same name , which means “out of balance”. Koyaanisqatsi is bad and a major problem of our era, and I see SpaceX as a force against and not for it. I couldn’t finish watching it because of that cognitive dissonance.

Nikxice

Oct 31, 2014
Hudson, NH
This cool photo of Doug and Bob was taken on Friday, 1/17/20 before a dry run from the astronaut crew quarters to Pad 39A. SpaceX has an identical Model X on hand to transport support crew.

The photo was released by NASA, so it's probably considered in the public domain. Not sure, suppose if they were to use it for commercial purposes Tesla might first need permission from NASA. An enlarged version would certainly generate positive interest hanging in showrooms!
ModelX.jpg

ecarfan

Sep 21, 2013
San Mateo, CA
Bob has that “Greetings aliens, we are from Earth” look. :cool:

I hope that is a P100D so the driver can do a max acceleration run on the way to the pad to prep the astronauts for the Gs they will experience at liftoff.

Reactions: ICUDoc and Grendal

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC